Feature request: Dump file list to text file

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tykling

Feature request: Dump file list to text file

Post by *tykling »

As subject says, I'd like the possibility to feed whatever is in a listbox (a directory or the results of a search, for example) to a text file for use elsewhere.

Thanks for a world class program!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

1. This will be supported by TC 7.
2. You can use http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/WdxInfopacker.html

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

GetNames.bat

Code: Select all

@echo off
:: =================================================================
:: PURPOSE:   Starts editor with list of all files in current folder
:: ARG	  :   %1 (folder to display, optional)
:: =================================================================

dir %1 /b /OG /ON > %temp%\_GetNames.txt
start "%UTILS%\Edit Plus\EditPlus.exe" %temp%\_GetNames.txt
This is for regular cmd.exe, but you can call it from TC to get current dir names. For selection, search and other things it is even easier, just use %L param in start menu to get the list as direct param to your editor.
Habemus majkam!
orndorff

Post by *orndorff »

I added a menu item to allow me to copy either the selected file names or the selected path+file names. Just add this to your .lng file:

Code: Select all

POPUP "C&ustom"
  MENUITEM "Copy Filename to Clipboard", 2017
  MENUITEM "Copy Path\Filename to Clipboard", 2018
END_POPUP
I use this *all* the time. The names get copied to the clipboard as text, and then I can paste it into whatever I want.

FYI, I just make a copy of the WCMD_ENG.MNU file and add my customizations to it and then use that as my main menu file.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

orndorff wrote:FYI, I just make a copy of the WCMD_ENG.MNU file and add my customizations to it and then use that as my main menu file.
FYI when you download the english language file and rename it corresponding to your menu e.g.

WCMD_ENG_Orndorff.lng and WCMD_ENG_Orndorff.mnu you have only to select the WCMD_ENG_Orndorff.lng to choose your menu in the TC dialog.

Changing the very first line of the language file from "English" to "Orndorff" will display "Orndorff" as name for the language.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

FYI when you download the english language file and rename it corresponding to your menu e.g.

WCMD_ENG_Orndorff.lng and WCMD_ENG_Orndorff.mnu you have only to select the WCMD_ENG_Orndorff.lng to choose your menu in the TC dialog.

Changing the very first line of the language file from "English" to "Orndorff" will display "Orndorff" as name for the language.
...and don't forget to rename your content plugin language file sections to ENG_Orndorff. :evil:
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Lefteous
and don't forget to rename your content plugin language file sections to ENG_Orndorff
I don't understand that statement - most content plugins - including your own - will set the language to ENG(lish) if character 6-8 of the .LNG file name spells ENG ?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
I don't understand that statement - most content plugins - including your own - will set the language to ENG(lish) if character 6-8 of the .LNG file name spells ENG ?
TC doesn't check for characters 6-8 - it checks for everything behind the underscore.

BTW: I never heared of the language ENG Orndorff.. :?:
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

TC doesn't check for characters 6-8 - it checks for everything behind the underscore.
I cannot reproduce that. When I rename [deu] to [DEU_TCExtMenu] in DirSizeCalc.lng because the language file is WCMD_DEU_TCExtMenu.LNG, this has no effect. Plugin is still English instead of German.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2icfu
I cannot reproduce that. When I rename [deu] to [DEU_TCExtMenu] in DirSizeCalc.lng because the language file is WCMD_DEU_TCExtMenu.LNG, this has no effect. Plugin is still English instead of German.
Strange - in this what you reported here is wrong and we have to restart the discussion :shock:
I currently have no idea what TC is actially doing :?:

http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=80524#80524
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Lefteous
TC doesn't check for characters 6-8 - it checks for everything behind the underscore
I checked it out - you are partly right. TC seems to check the first 3 characters after the LAST underscore.

So if I for example use a language file called WCMD_DAN2.LNG then All my content plugins uses the [DAN] section in their respective language files. The same applies if I use a language file called WCMD_DANPeter.LNG or WCMD_xxx_DAN.LNG but NOT WCMD_DAN_Peter.LNG.

So you are right: WCMD_ENG_Orndorff.lng is not a good choice because of the second underscore before Orndorff -- WCMD_ENGOrndorff.lng, "WCMD_ENG Orndorff.lng" or WCMD_Orndorff_ENG.lng would be better (if one wants English translations of the content plugins)
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Strange - in this what you reported here is wrong and we have to restart the discussion
I haven't reported and claimed that a rename of a plugin section will switch language.

Sheepdog has claimed it in that thread and you have agreed.

I also cannot reproduce what petermad has just told. Even when I rename the file to WCMD_DEUTCExtMenu.lng without underscore, the [deu] section is ignored. It's also ignored when I rename it to [DEUTCExtMenu].

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2006-02-16, 23:03 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
This account is for sale
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
So it really seems the underscore is the source of all the trouble? In this case we finally have a good solution :-)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Lefteous
Wonder if Black Dog knew this when he named the file Wcmd_exp_eng.lng in his Total Commander Interface Pack Expansion v.6.03 - or was he just lucky :?: :wink:
License #524 (1994)
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

:oops: Sorry, apparently I was talking 'bout the content plugin while I was referring to the packer plugin. :oops:

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams