[Req] acces the context menu by clicking on the icon itself

English support forum

Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white

User avatar
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 2005-03-31, 19:58 UTC
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

Post by *gbo »

snaggy wrote:So if you don't want to see the choice dialog, you just select a default program. The problem is that I can't undo this action but manually modifying the ini file, and that's quite annoying.
Try ESC (Key Escape) + F4 should do the trick if I understood you correctly

HTH
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
snaggy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: 2006-04-25, 07:09 UTC

Post by *snaggy »

It works! Now it's perfect
thanks
User avatar
Stance
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: 2005-03-29, 06:26 UTC

Post by *Stance »

snaggy wrote:Anyway, is it possible to acces to the open with function without the contextual menu? I'd like it becouse sometimes it takes up to 10 seconds to open it (windows's so slow on my PC)
Create a new button in your TC -buttonbar:

Code: Select all

Command:%windir%\system32\Rundll32.exe shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL
Parameters:%O.%E
Start path:
Icon file: %windir%\SYSTEM32\shell32.dll
Tooltip: Open with...
Opens the "Open with" -dialog of XP for the file under the cursor.

Windows Standard: SHIFT+rightclick adds the item "open with:" to most contextmenus.

1.Edit: Changed Parameters from: %p%n to: %O.%E
Filename is shown proper now :)

2.Edit: Parameter: %O.%E %2
"%2" will deactivate the checkbox: "Allways open with..." to prevent accidental associations for file extensions.

Kind regards
Stance
Last edited by Stance on 2006-04-26, 18:45 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
snaggy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: 2006-04-25, 07:09 UTC

Post by *snaggy »

Isn't there a way to do this command by hotkey? I'd like CTRL+Enter to do this
User avatar
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1579
Joined: 2006-01-18, 07:56 UTC
Contact:

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Stance wrote:Create a new button in your TC -buttonbar:
Hej Stance, you are my idol. There are things you know but you never had your mind move in that particular way....

Great ! Much better solution then Choice Editor....
Habemus majkam!
snaggy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: 2006-04-25, 07:09 UTC

Post by *snaggy »

I like it to but it'd be better to have a shortcut

I mean, ins't it possible to create shortcuts for custom commands?!? That's weird!
User avatar
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1579
Joined: 2006-01-18, 07:56 UTC
Contact:

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Yes it is possible:



1. Add to start menu above code. Name it "Open With.."
2. Go to Preferences->Misc ->Keyboard Remaping
3.1 Set the Hotkey to SHIFT + ENTER
32. Select cm_UserMenuN where N is the position of "Open With" menu item (count separators if you have them)

That's it. I already did it. I don't use buttons.
Last edited by majkinetor ! on 2006-04-25, 20:26 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Habemus majkam!
snaggy
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: 2006-04-25, 07:09 UTC

Post by *snaggy »

uhh, thanks, what an odd way!
User avatar
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1579
Joined: 2006-01-18, 07:56 UTC
Contact:

Post by *majkinetor ! »

you have to do what you have to do...
Habemus majkam!
User avatar
gbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: 2005-03-31, 19:58 UTC
Location: Lausanne (Switzerland)

Post by *gbo »

majkinetor ! wrote:Great ! Much better solution then Choice Editor....
Personaly I won't consider this possibility as much better, it is an interessant alternative but I still prefer choice editor for some specific tasks, question of taste I guess. Although I will use both possibilities now. So thanks Stance for the post.
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
User avatar
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 3693
Joined: 2003-07-24, 09:25 UTC
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post by *SanskritFritz »

So if you don't want to see the choice dialog, you just select a default program. The problem is that I can't undo this action but manually modifying the ini file, and that's quite annoying.
That is not true, you can get the dialog anytime by pressing Esc-F4 (now this is not obvious!).
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
TychoBarfy
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 271
Joined: 2005-08-13, 15:13 UTC
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Post by *TychoBarfy »

Thanks for this Tip. By the way, you don't have to put the path in front off
rundll32.exe in "Command" and shell32.dll in "Icon file".
User avatar
solid
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 557
Joined: 2004-08-09, 11:20 UTC

Post by *solid »

SanskritFritz wrote:That is not true, you can get the dialog anytime by pressing Esc-F4.
From where this hotkey came from? :?:
User avatar
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 1579
Joined: 2006-01-18, 07:56 UTC
Contact:

Post by *majkinetor ! »

From where this hotkey came from?
From nowhere obviously.

The problem THAT remains with Open with is that some apps are not added to the list no matter how many times you do it. I consider this to be a bug, but it may not, I didn't dril into internals of Open With. Anyway, now, with ESC+F4 CE is more functional. The problem is that it is TC specific, and I prefer global solutions where it makes sense and in this case it do. I can use settings of Open With in Open, Save, Browse dialogs in any 3td party app that is aware of this dialog, in explorer, in IE..... everywhere... while CE is restricted to TC.

This is personal taste with some arguments for it.
Habemus majkam!
User avatar
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member
Posts: 3693
Joined: 2003-07-24, 09:25 UTC
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post by *SanskritFritz »

From where this hotkey came from?
The only source of information is the release history. Read through it, it is THE help ;-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Post Reply