audio packer plugins

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

andres992

audio packer plugins

Post by *andres992 »

Has anyone (who can do it) thought of writing plugins for audio packers (especially WavPack)?

I guess that this could be done through MultiArc or some other method, and it could be extremely useful...
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

Wilhelm M.
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Wilhelm M. »

Following Postkutschers link I find:

"BC allows convert files from several music formats (wav, mp3, ogg, m3u, wma, cda, flac, ape) to mp3. "

No WavPack included :cry:

But it is very simple to include WavPack in the Starter Menu of TC.

Command: path\wavpack.exe (+ optional parameters)
Parameters: %P%N

Path has to be adjusted, of course. That's almost as convenient as a plugin.
Grüße/Regards,
Wilhelm
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

Announce is outdated. Plugin allows wavpack since version 0.95a. Read whatsnew.
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

I think this is coming close to the edge of what one can expect from an app. like TC.
TC is the base of it all, but it doesn't have to offer an alternative for Photoshop or Cubase.
There are several effective programs for audio-conversions, like JetAudio, to do the job.
andres992

Post by *andres992 »

Sam Zen wrote:I think this is coming close to the edge of what one can expect from an app. like TC.
TC is the base of it all, but it doesn't have to offer an alternative for Photoshop or Cubase.
There are several effective programs for audio-conversions, like JetAudio, to do the job.
I cannot agree.

First, that is what makes Total Commander so exquisite.

And secondly, wavpacking for me is quite similar to zipping (or whatever archive format one uses) for an ordinary user. I have quite many audio files and the plugin really simplified my work. Wavpack frontend (separate GUI for the command-line app) is not exactly meant for mass operations between different directories, therefore the TC plugin came in quite handy.

Thirdly, we are talking about plugins, which are optional. Nobody has to use them if he doesn't want to. And I do not expect TC to natively open wv.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2andres992
Completely agree with you.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

Good arguments. I agree too
andres992

Post by *andres992 »

After years of using, I finally decided that AudioConverter was just too big a plugin for such a simple task. :)

I made myself a TC toolbar button for wavpacking (I go to a file or select file(s) and press the button). If anyone is interested, the (actually working) parameter string for this is

Code: Select all

-hh -l @%L %t
(where -hh and -l are optional).

I also wrote a MultiArc addon for wavpacking (only packing and nothing else, listing is somewhat difficult and pointless with wavpack). The button is more comfortable but just in case, here's the addon (again, "-l -hh -q -y" are optional):

[WV Pack]
Description="WavPack (only packing)"
Extension=wv
Archiver="wavpack.exe"
Add="%P -l -hh -q -y @%lQ %AQ"
Debug=0
BatchUnpack=0
where the path to wavpack should be set according to the actual location, and the corresponding [PackerPlugins] section line for wincmd.ini is:

wv=257,%COMMANDER_PATH%\wcx\MultiArc\multiarc.wcx
(where the path should be replaced with the actual one). For unpacking I use wvunpack via Choice Editor (F4 unpacks the wv file to the directory of the original file).
#68776 Personal Licence