SMViewer - lister plugin for MMedia files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SCHMaster

Post by *SCHMaster »

2Leif
2bytalized
This plugin it is based in DirectShow and DirectShow Filters. If in system are installed DirectShow Filters all must work. At opening of the file, plugin searches for the filter suitable to given type of the file. If filter is found - all work OK. Sometimes (beside me) problems appear when use DIV3, DIV4, XVID codecs.
Therefor that try to understand the reason of the maloperation plugin, I offer following: I give small utility, which will show all installed in system DS filters and MMedia devices.
bytalized

Post by *bytalized »

thanks for that utility :)

the are installed, no doubt about that now.

some do come up with a fatal exception when you select them in the list, specifically the WMT Virtual Renderer and Cyberlink DVD Decoder (some others as well), but most importantly the util does show the interfaces of the filetypes that crashed the MM plugin.

Neither BSPlayer 0.86 or Windows Media Player 9 has any problems playing back these filetypes on the same computer.

I did notice something about the persistent crashes of the plugin, I'll investigate it some more and let you know what I find.
rolandd

SMViewer does not work

Post by *rolandd »

Hey, I did some checking. First of all, I disabled the multimedia in Lister. SMViewer only plays video files and no music files. MMedia plays it all but gives the error: HKCU\Software\Ghisler\Total Commander\IniFileName not valid. After that it just plays.

I also installed the DSP Filter but no result. When I want to play an MP3 file with SMViewer, lister just comes up with the raw contents.

Any ideas?

Botak[/quote]
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

to botak

with MMedia, just uncheck "Check registry entries" in "option/info" tab
if you don't want this error message anymore :wink:
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

Ok, I saw the option there. Just wondering if I am missing out on something ;)

Error down the drain ;)

Botak
SCHMaster

Post by *SCHMaster »

2Botak
When I want to play an MP3 file with SMViewer
Coll Settings in SMViewer and check "Support files > MP3 files"