FavMenu 2.0

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

No need to touch that data.

'Menu does not exist' error is not about that. I don't know what is going on for now. SHeep, please, your menu again, :)

2 SheepDog
Open TC favorites config and press OK.See readme.txt:Notes

2roentgen666
it works OK at your place ?

2Horst
You don't use Shift ENter in open box, since you are in open box and TC will not be called (the side effect is that new tab is created anyway, I didn't want to fix that since it is pointless to use shift enter with dialog active)

2all
Here I have menu reported with the same error as shipdogs but it works fine here... Maybe I uploaded something different. I will check it out.

PLEASE READ README.txt - NOTES
Habemus majkam!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Is this an error shipdog ?
---------------------------
TC FavMenu.exe
---------------------------
Error: Menu does not exist. The current thread will exit.

Specifically: sub1

Line#
---> 293: Menu,sub%g_sub_cnt%,Delete
Habemus majkam!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

majkinetor ! wrote:2roentgen666
it works OK at your place ?
pretty much ... yes ... but...

1. I can sense there is 0.0001 (:P) delay compared with the previous version, but this may be due to the autorefresh that you (may) have introduced
2. does not work with dialogs and vars although it used to work fine with 0.6 version of the script

ex: trying to go to 'e:\docs\my music' and I get this instead
"c:\program files\autohotkey\scripts\TC fav\%$PERSONAL%\My music.txt'
TC for Linux please!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I will check it out.. too many things added, must be errors here and there...

Dialog and vars:
I just noticed that I droped one function call here :)

0.001 is due to autorefresh of course :)
Habemus majkam!
TealC

Post by *TealC »

okay. With 1.0beta this thing exceeded my programming knowledge ;)

Where is the Configuration stored? In the script itself?

I would like to set ¨ as Hotkey, because i rarely use this key, which worked fine in previous versions (manually edited the script), but with the Setup dialog it is recognised as "UMSCHALT" (german for shift).
And i don't find the place to edit this manually in the script anymore.

Is it possible to disable that the menu appears at the mouse cursor? Because i use 3 Screens here, and since i rarely use the mouse, the cursor can be anywhere but near the window that is currently focused, which is really annoying... Previous Version was just fine, but most likely it is the best to make this Feature optionally.

----- edit ------

I've now found the config, and my hotkey works :) Is it possible to store the config in a file, so that a compiled version of the script is portable?
Becaus this thing is very useful.
Last edited by TealC on 2006-06-10, 19:09 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

2 Shipdog
Hej, Sheep.. I didn't read you well... so... it is definitely your error.

I got the same response from the other side, but man acctually did the same error as you. I check weather files exist that you enter on setup screen but I don't check is it wincmd.ini or no. So if you specify c:\windows it will still allow you to save config, but it will not work as you noticed.

I added several checks to make sure AHK error screen never appear again. You can delete my registry key for now to force the setup again.

2roentgen666
Hej roentgen
You will soon have pseudo vars working again.

2all
If you do "remove current dir" from TC and item is not at the end of the menu, this will cause script not to function correctly (since it will create gap in order, that is, you will have this order in wincmd.ini

menu1, menu2... , menuN, menuN+2, menuN+3, ....

Script will not see anything after menuN since I exit the loop on first menu X that doesn't exist. I didn't know that TC function this way. I will change this so later will things function fine with gaps.

2Horst
I will fix opening the new tab you mention just for the sake of complitenes... I was already aware of this but I thought that nobody will see and I am too lazy to do rutine programing jobs...
Habemus majkam!
TealC

Post by *TealC »

I've now solved the 3 problems i had by myself. Would be nice, if these options would be in the setup dialog
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

majkinetor ! wrote:No need to touch that data.

'Menu does not exist' error is not about that. I don't know what is going on for now. SHeep, please, your menu again, :)
Actually, it was exactly the wrong location of the ini file.. I changed the value and it works fine here. I dont's use wincmd.ini to store the directory menu in, so it may depend on this. And, additionally, here are running always several TC instances with different paths.

2 SheepDog
Open TC favorites config and press OK.See readme.txt:Notes
I re-astablished the wrong path and tried that. It did not work. Iactually got the same 'Menu does not exist' message.

But anyway with the right path it works fine here. Also the naming- feature for the submenus has been fixed.
PLEASE READ README.txt - NOTES
Oh, that is what readmes are for, isn it? Now I got it. ;) :lol: :twisted:

Thanks for the great script. It is very useful and leads me the first time to build up a decent directory hotlist.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

I did some job. See vbeta2 info on the first page.

2SheepDog
Thanks for the great script. It is very useful and leads me the first time to build up a decent directory hotlist.
It is good to know.

2TealC
I've now solved the 3 problems i had by myself. Would be nice, if these options would be in the setup dialog
what problems, what options ?

I can sense there is 0.0001 delay
it isn't that bad, isn't it ... after all, YOU wanted refreshing menu :lol:

PS: Before you all ask, I will merge all scripts into single one after beta.
Habemus majkam!
TealC

Post by *TealC »

majkinetor ! wrote: 2TealC
what problems, what options ?
in my post, right above yours :wink:
I would like to set ¨ as Hotkey, because i rarely use this key, which worked fine in previous versions (manually edited the script), but with the Setup dialog it is recognised as "UMSCHALT" (german for shift).
And i don't find the place to edit this manually in the script anymore.

Is it possible to disable that the menu appears at the mouse cursor? Because i use 3 Screens here, and since i rarely use the mouse, the cursor can be anywhere but near the window that is currently focused, which is really annoying... Previous Version was just fine, but most likely it is the best to make this Feature optionally.

----- edit ------

I've now found the config, and my hotkey works Is it possible to store the config in a file, so that a compiled version of the script is portable?
Becaus this thing is very useful.
so thats

1. Key Recognition in Setup dialog doesn't work for all keys supported by ahk

2. imho it should be optional to show menu at mous cursor or relative to the active window

3. would be nice, if the settings would be saved in a file with a relative path to the script itself instead of the registry, so that the script is "portable" if compiled to an .exe

but as stated: i've solved this manually for now. but you might consider it for future releases.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

2TealC
First, sorry, somehow I didn't see that post.
I agree to almost everything so:

1. Menu position will be set in setup
2. Use ini for config: I know... portability..
3. Key Recognition: don't know about this one, I just use integrated GUI control HotKey. So if anything doesn't work here, go to autohotkey site and report to the author.
Habemus majkam!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

majkinetor wrote:If you do "remove current dir" from TC and item is not at the end of the menu, this will cause script not to function correctly (since it will create gap in order, that is, you will have this order in wincmd.ini
This is not correct. If you delete item from the middle of the list with "remove current dir" menu will still be ordered sequentially in the wincmd.ini. I really don't know how those gaps can be created. I have seen several ini's with gaps in it. Maybe something from old TC versions, hanging around... So if gaps doesn't exist normally with current versions of TC I will not create procedure that will recognise them. Does anybody know something about this phenomena? Shipdog ? Can you ask on your private moderator forum for more info?

Thx.
Habemus majkam!
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

majkinetor ! wrote:I really don't know how those gaps can be created. I have seen several ini's with gaps in it.
Can you please provide a menu with such a gap? I don't exactly know what this gap means.

If I know what this gaps are like I probably will find a way to create one. ;)
Shipdog ? Can you ask on your private moderator forum for more info?
This is not the kind of topic discussed in the moderator forum.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Can you please provide a menu with such a gap
just go to wincmd.ini and delete some "menu" and coresponding "cmd" & "path" items. TC will still parse the menu normaly.
Habemus majkam!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to Plugins and addons forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.