Total SQX 2.11 (packer plug-in)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2norfie²
Thanks for verifying this!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Is the tested archive a solid archive?
Yes - And I can confirm that it works for non-solid archives.

May I suggest some kind of message when trying to add and encrypt a file to a nonencrypted solid archive - in stead of just "pretending" to encrypt it.

In zip archives encrypted files can be recognized by a "c" in the attributes - is that possible to implement for sqx archives?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Yes - And I can confirm that it works for non-solid archives.
OK thanks for checking.
May I suggest some kind of message when trying to add and encrypt a file to a nonencrypted solid archive - in stead of just "pretending" to encrypt it.
The current behavior is not intended and will be changed.
In zip archives encrypted files can be recognized by a "c" in the attributes - is that possible to implement for sqx archives?
No unfortunately this attribut cannot be set by a packer plug-in. I personally would prefer a custom column to show the necryption method (if any) for each file but there is no custom column support for packer plug-ins.
Hammillian7

Request for "Set the newest file date" to the arch

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Hi, Lefteus:

I like your compressor. One feature I miss from it is to be able to "Set the newest file date" to the archive, as conventional internal Zip compressor from TC does if selected. The newest file date is essential for me to give me an idea of the time I worked with the packed files.

Could you, please, consider adding that feature?

By the way, I posted you a suggestion months ago about a way of restoring the directory file date. Have you been able to think about it?

Thanks.
Hammillian7
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

"Set the newest file date" to the archive
a way of restoring the directory file date
These would be meaningful improvements but I cannot promise you that I will add them. I personally would prefer that TC would handle this postprocessing operations. As there has been almost no feedback on the 2.00 alpha and beta versions and no improvements to the plug-in api can be expected for a long while my motivation on actively developing this plug-in is currently quite low.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Request for "Set the newest file date" to the

Post by *deus-ex »

lefteous wrote:As there has been almost no feedback on the 2.00 alpha and beta versions [...]
Maybe that's because the main userbase is satisfied with the current release and has no further reason to complain or request. :)
Speaking of feedback...

TotalSQX v2.0 beta 1 Onlinehelp
http://www.lefteous.de/tc/totalsqx_deu.htm

Sizeimproved version of the German and English online help: download (RapidShare.com) · download (Savefile.com)

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hammillian7 wrote:I like your compressor.
Lefteous isn't the developer of the compressor but the TC packer plugin. Sadly the developer of Squeez, Rainer Nausedat, died after a short and heavy illness at the end of the year 2004. Way to early. :(

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Maybe that's because the main userbase is satisfied with the current release and has no further reason to complain or request.
Well I'm not so sure about that. There are still many things which simply doesn't work. Just look at the list of known issues and it's not even complete.... :-(
Sizeimproved version of the German and English online help
Thank you but isn't this just the 1.10 online help? Everything else would be a surprise as I haven't wrote a single line for version 2.00 documentation yet ;-)
With feedback I mean reports about the changes in the alpha and beta version and other things that user observe while working with the plug-in.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Lefteous wrote:Well I'm not so sure about that. There are still many things which simply doesn't work. Just look at the list of known issues and it's not even complete.... :-(
At least I have no reason to complain. That might be also due to the fact that I usually only do simple compression jobs, nothing special like SFX, Passwords, Comments etc..

Thank you but isn't this just the 1.10 online help?
Yes, but I improved the image sizes once again.

With feedback I mean reports about the changes in the alpha and beta version and other things that user observe while working with the plug-in.
Yes, fully understood. But I wanted to cast a little smile on your face, at least. :)

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Odd as it seems - I just dislike the way I have to choose sqx among the numerous plugins I have. Maybe if the default formats were customizable (eg. display rar, zip, sqx and put the rest in the list) I'd use sqx more.
TC for Linux please!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

As there has been almost no feedback on the 2.00 alpha and beta versions and no improvements to the plug-in api can be expected for a long while
Then I might as well release my Danish translation of beta1:

http://users.cybercity.dk/~ccc40086/tcmd/totalsqx_2_dan.sqx

BTW the dates of all the files in http://www.lefteous.de/tc/archives/totalsqx/wcx_totalsqx_2.00_beta_1.zip are a little premature (we haven't reached november yet ;-) )
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2petermad
Then I might as well release my Danish translation of beta1
Thank you :-)
BTW the dates of all the files in http://www.lefteous.de/tc/archives/totalsqx/wcx_totalsqx_2.00_beta_1.zip are a little premature
Yes I know. It has already been reported in the corresponding German thread.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Total SQX 2.0 BETA 2 has been released.

Changes in this version

Code: Select all

FIXED	Extended pack options dialog showed incorrect captions for most checkboxes in indeterminate state.
CHANGED	Updated SQX library to latest version (6.00.5250).
FIXED   Archives were not created properly when both EXE and multimedia compression were set to force (SQX library).
FIXED   When extracting multivolume archives the volumes were not closed properly (SQX library).
ADDED	Added updated Danish translation.
Users:
Please use this version with caution. It may still contain serious bugs. Please always create a backup of all files which are used with this plug-in.

Testers:
Please report steps to reproduce for all occuring bugs.

Translators:
This version is addressed to all users who want to translate the plug-in. You can find all required file in the package below.
  • The file TotalSQX_ENG.lng is the template for the plug-in language file to create. You need to use the appropriate language token instead of ENG in the filename.
  • pluginst.inf contains a short description of the plug-in. It's used during plug-in installation.
  • sfx_lang_eng.lng ist the template for self-extracting archives. You need to use the appropriate language token instead of ENG in the filename.
Please report any occuring translation problems or not-translatable strings.
To update an existing translation I recommend to download the translation from Total SQX 1.x and compare it to TotalSQX_ENG.lng contained in the archive. This should help you to see which strings need to be updated or added.

Download:
Download Total SQX 2.00 BETA 2 (totalcmd.net server)
Download Total SQX 2.00 BETA 2 (my own server
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Lefteous,
Is it safe to use Beta 2 if the files are extracted correctly after compression? Or is there any risk of backward incompatibility?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Hacker
Is it safe to use Beta 2 if the files are extracted correctly after compression? Or is there any risk of backward incompatibility?
If a packed file can be unpacked successfully the archive is okay but that doesn't mean that all operations work flawlessly. The archive format hasn't been changed but some archives signed with 1.10 are no longer treated as signed.