WDXTagLib - content plugin for audio files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

yeah, mysterious behavior.
seb-
Location: DE\BN - only part time TC user after switching to Linux ;)

Post by *seb- »

I just tried to make this more clear....

installed TC into a fresh directory. Could not get WDXTaglib to appear in Changettributes dialog.

Am i doing something fundamentally wrong or is there an issue which has some strange conditions....

brs
bowelripper

Post by *bowelripper »

Hello. Is it possible to make a custom column view the default for certain folders? For example, I would like to have a custom column with bitrate etc. for my music folder. So I don't have to right click and choose the custom column every time.
thisIsAUser

ID3v2.3.0 vs. ID3v2.4.0

Post by *thisIsAUser »

Hello,
WDXTaglib is showing nicely in my TC8.51a the ID3 tags (I guess the ID3v1 tags), but using the Change Attributes feature to change one tag (I tried it just for the Artist tag) seems to corrupt the ID3v1 and ID3v2 Artist entries AND affects also almost all other ID3v2 tags (only the entry for the ID3v2 Comment tag survived - I checked this with the TC Multimedia Factory Plugin).
I tried it with different mp3 files, one had before the tag type ID3v1 only and another had before ID3v1 and ID3v2.3.0. Aftwards the tag types were always be shown to be ID3v1 and ID3v2.4.0 and the file size was increased. Applying Change Attributes again on the files did not change the file size anymore, but randomly changed some bytes (I guess in the ID3v2 section - I checked that with the Compare by Content TC feature).
Could the author explain this behaviour?
Thanks.

PS: May be this new observations help to track down the problem:
By using just one character for the Artist tag by applying Change Attributes, the file size is not changing, the ID3v1 Artist tag is correctly written and this one character is also recognised in the ID3v2 section of the changed file.
thisIsAUser

Post by *thisIsAUser »

seb- wrote:I just tried to make this more clear....

installed TC into a fresh directory. Could not get WDXTaglib to appear in Changettributes dialog.

Am i doing something fundamentally wrong or is there an issue which has some strange conditions....

brs
In order to narrow down another problem (see my post from Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:14 pm) I also made a fresh TC8.51a installation and installed only WDXTaglib and voilá WDXTaglib was NOT appearing in Changettributes dialog.
After installing another WDX plugin WDXTaglib was still NOT appearing ... but after changing the order of the plugins (i.e. WDXTaglib is now loaded after the other WDX plugin): WDXTaglib appears in Changettributes dialog - unfortunately without solving my original problem.

So I guess your (and probably my) problem is caused by some kind of indexing error within TC itself.
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Bug with no entry in Change Attributes dialog supposed to be fixed now.
Download new binaries from GitHub.
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

2thisIsAUser

regarding tag corruption, do you have some steps to reproduce it?
Regarding file size, metadata is handled by TagLib, I am not aware of the details right now.
===
OK I got it, corruption is happening on every tag change for mp3 files.