Bug?: Move files + [Skip All] dont delete skipped files

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

islogged

Post by *islogged »

Sorry to use my language who don't have UK/US equivalent for that but ... Tu es vraiment de mauvaise foi !

The condition is fulfilled when the User know that all the equal Filenames are also identical files ...
And this Box ( http://i.imgur.com/3jcAUzD.jpg ) is there for that, for asking about the User knowledge. No ?

I don't know why you continue ?
This conversation become ridiculous (if not yet already)

Ps : If one day this option is added to finalize the Move function in Tc, nobody oblige u to use it if u don't like it ... Then what's your problem man ?
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

islogged wrote:I don't know why you continue ?
I guess because we have different ratings for usability and benefit, considering the variety of use cases, user skills and user concentration.

Anyway this should not prevent you from making a suggestion where you can exemplify your use case.
As Hacker said: it's the decision of the author if and how this may be considered in future versions of TC.

Regards
Holger
islogged

Post by *islogged »

Ok then End of the topic for me !
Bye and thanks at all
islogged

Post by *islogged »

Oh!, and if i can add a last argument.
The User can easily do a fast compare before choose deleting the Source or not ... as you can see here : http://i.imgur.com/7svSskA.jpg

No more !
Sorry
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Yes he can, but this is a sequential process which must be done for each file one by one.
That's why i vote for a solution where you can see all files with equal name, size and date at once, filter these equal files and select them for deletion with a few clicks (Select All, Mark for Deletion).
Similar to the known functionality of the synchronize dialog.
Got the idea?

Regards
Holger
islogged

Post by *islogged »

Yes he can, but this is a sequential process which must be done for each file one by one.
Same mechanism as [Skip] and [Overwrite]
That's why i vote for a solution where you can see all files with equal name, size and date at once, filter these equal files and select them for deletion with a few clicks (Select All, Mark for Deletion).
Similar to the known functionality of the synchronize dialog.
Got the idea?
Maybe, but it become a very complicated process for a simple Move operation.
I think it's better to keep the same mechanism already in use and only add the case who is not treated by the current Move options.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

but it become a very complicated process for a simple Move operation.
Partly, but a better overview and control if the move is not so simple (e.g. multiple (sub-) directories with dozens of files)

Regards
Holger
islogged

Post by *islogged »

Partly, but a better overview and control if the move is not so simple (e.g. multiple (sub-) directories with dozens of files)
The context here is : The User know that a same Name mean an Identical File else it's better he use the Skip option.
On the [Overwrite] option, you don't have this overview control and you don't complain about this ...
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Yepp, would also give a better overview and control in case of Overwrite.

;-)
Holger