USEFUL INI SETTINGS

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

How did I forgot this one: AlwaysCopyInBackground=1

...and here is a sum up of my favourites: ini_settings.txt
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

The following is a complete (I think that) list of settings under [Configuration] section that you cannot set it directly from TC option dailog box
it is taken from TC help but i have categorized it
for more information about each setting and its available value you can read TC help file under
4. Configuration and switches
b. INI-File settings: wincmd.ini,

; Drives

Allowed=cde
DriveisCD=FG
CdCloseDoor=1
DriveTipDelay=0
Noreread=AB\
AlwaysToRoot=0

; Files
AppendWarning=1
AlwaysCopyInBackground=0
CountMarked=1
CountSpace=1
DeleteDelay=0
InplaceRename=1
InplaceRenamePath=1
RenameSelOnlyName=0
SearchInFiles=*.EXE *.JAR
UseFindForTime=1
SizeCheck=1

; Interface
ActiveRight=0
DirBrackets=1
HistoryAppend=1
IconLib=c:\totalcmd\wcicolib.icl
IconsSpecialFolders=3
ShowInstanceNr=1
ReverseHistory=0
StartupScreen=0
Tips=3
ToolTipDelay=500
Tree=0
RestrictInterface=0
LongInStatus=0

; FolderTab
LockedTabChange=1
TabEnterDirChange=1

; Operation
Autotreechange=0
BrushForCursor=0
CmdUpDown=0
IgnoreWheel=1
SpaceMovesDown=0
SingleClickStart=0
SortUpper=0
Last edited by ts4242 on 2004-07-04, 00:58 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Thanks Taher for the list. Nice job also categorizing the settings! 8)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

@ts4242

Categorized list is really nice, seems not complete though. For example these 2 settings (as I mentioned earlier) are missing.

CompareVertical=0
LongInStatus=0
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Raymond wrote:@ts4242

Categorized list is really nice, seems not complete though. For example these 2 settings (as I mentioned earlier) are missing.

CompareVertical=0
LongInStatus=0
you are right for the second setting (LongInStatus=0) I have just added it to the list.
but the first one (CompareVertical=0) you don't have to edit Wincmd.ini file to adding it there is a button in compare by content windows you can use it :wink:
ford prefect

SERVICE MENU for the "hidden" ini settings

Post by *ford prefect »

Hello,

well, it's quite amazing what kind of things can be set via the powerful ini-file-text-only-edit options
It is also in many cases unthinkable that the access to this features is granted to common mortals but...

What if there would be something like a Service Menu i.e. one option like AdvancedOptionsInConfigurationDialog=1 which if added to the ini file would cause all this b.e.utifull options to have it's clickable counterparts in the options dialog under some new tree nodes which wouldn't be normally visible. Just for those less fortunate of us who like everything mouse-pointable, textbox-editable and checkbox-checkable.
Also since the configuration dialog doesn't have any tabs it has now a lot of potential in free space :)

I'm not saying text only editable settings are evil, (I self do prefer them in some non Billdows apps) but in this particular case, wouldn't be this a nice addition so no third party tweaker is required to fine tune the Total Commander...

Hope I'm not too much OT here
Don't Panic! We have Total Commander...
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Hi all
the new tool Ultra TC Configuration Editor comes to make editing settings that you cannot set it via TC options dialog box is more easy and maybe fun.

the program comes with two data files the first "tc all keys.txt" contain all the most important TC keys setting (fonts, colors and coordinates are not included in this file because the best place to change these setting is from TC itself)
and the second is "tc selected keys.txt" contain only keys that i had listed above.
because each key has full description taken from TC help you don't have to return to the help file. moreover you can write your notes about any key inside the description text box.

enjoy :lol: