Lister plugin request - cut mp3, avi

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Pradera

Lister plugin request - cut mp3, avi

Post by *Pradera »

It's fairly easy to cut wavs, mp3 and uncompressed video files - you just cut the file where you want, and get two playable files. The problem is to know where to cut... here's where the lister plugin would come in handy. It could work on a basis similar to that in the old windows Sound Recorder - mark the beginning, mark the end, cut...
I don't know if it's even possible, but it sure would be useful.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

For mp3, I can recommand a very nice tool, which is even free: mp3 direct cut. It even works with variable bitrate mp3 files now, and can cut/change volume etc. the mp3s without re-encoding!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Pradera

Post by *Pradera »

ghisler(Author) wrote:For mp3, I can recommand a very nice tool, which is even free: mp3 direct cut. It even works with variable bitrate mp3 files now, and can cut/change volume etc. the mp3s without re-encoding!
Thanks :) But! There are many freeware tools that do many things that Total Commander can do...if we'd just stick with them instead of improving TC, where would we be now? ;)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Pradera wrote: But! There are many freeware tools that do many things that Total Commander can do...if we'd just stick with them instead of improving TC, where would we be now? ;)
You are right. I also often think that TC should... make some coffee for me..... :-)
But that's true... why to use other tools if TC exists - it should do... all :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl