[WLX] AppLoader

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sky66

Post by *sky66 »

AppLoader is my first priority in WINCMD.INI [ListerPlugins].

Suggest to change IfIsExtOnly=0 to IfIsExtOnly=1 as default.

Because current DefaultEditor=notepad, it is not proper application for many file types. It will spend lot of CPU/RAM resource to use Notepad to open MULTIMEDIA or large files.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

sky66
OK :)
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

2Maximus
Thanks for your plugin. I discovered it just now and it brought me F4 menu in the lister. I don't know how do i missed this topic and plugin through all those years.
Great work.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Thanks for your plugin. I discovered it just now and it brought me F4 menu in the lister. I don't know how do i missed this topic and plugin through all those years.
It's very nice idea. I haven't thought about that applying of AppLoader.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

@solid and maximus, thanks! that's a great idea.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus, when I copy a file and get the overwrite confirmation dialog and press F3 apploader starts the designated program passing the source pathname. Is there any way to make apploader pass both the source and the target pathnames in the copy overwrite dialog? That would allow me to designate a custom file comparison program.

2) In general, of all the places where Apploader can activate a program, in which cases will it pass more than one filepath?

TIA
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

sgp
ListLoad(HWND ListerWin,char* FileToLoad,int ShowFlags)
is only function for all the places where AppLoader can be used.

Purely theoretically: it can be possible to grab both the file names from the dialog labels. But I don't know what I can do with paths like "D:\folder\folder\folder\folder\...\folder\folder\folder\name.ext".
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus wrote:sgp
ListLoad(HWND ListerWin,char* FileToLoad,int ShowFlags)
is only function for all the places where AppLoader can be used.

Purely theoretically: it can be possible to grab both the file names from the dialog labels. But I don't know what I can do with paths like "D:\folder\folder\folder\folder\...\folder\folder\folder\name.ext".
@Maximum, thanks. I don't understand your answers. I was asking if there are any places where AppLoader is passing two paths to the activated programs. If there are such places, which are they? Places means TC dialogs/windows.

I don't understand what you mean by, "what should I do with <long path>...", what issue are you alluding to?

I wish to be able to invoke a file comparison program between the two files in the copy overwrite dialog. Is this possible with AppLoader? TIA
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

I don't understand your answers. I was asking if there are any places where AppLoader is passing two paths to the activated programs. If there are such places, which are they? Places means TC dialogs/windows.
TC use only one path in all the cases where it calls the Lister.
I don't understand what you mean by, "what should I do with <long path>...", what issue are you alluding to?

Image: http://maximus.in.ua/files/temp/long_path.png
I wish to be able to invoke a file comparison program between the two files in the copy overwrite dialog. Is this possible with AppLoader? TIA
Not, at the moment. But if the problem with long paths can be resolved then answer is "yes, it is"
sgp

Post by *sgp »

OK, I think I uderstand now. In theory AppLoader could read the second path from a UI control, but when the path is too long to fit inside the control the path is shortened with ... in the middle, so it can't be resolved.

Could AppLoader simulate a mouse click on the "More Options>>" dialog of the overwrite dialog? From there could AppLoader select the first menu entry, which is 'compare', then intercept the call to the file compator from which it could get both paths... I know, it sounds kludgy, and I have no idea if it's technically possible, but...

BTW, my file overwrite dialog looks different from yours. Mine displays a thumbnail for each of the two files in the overwrite dialog. It makes me wonder if it's some other loaded plugin that adds the thumbnails. If so then maybe AppLoader could use a similar technique to modify/intercept the overwrite dialog and make it display the full path?

Unrelated to this topic, do you know if TC allows setting the file compare program to an external one? It would solve my original issue - invoking a custom compare tool from the overwrite dialog would be just two mouse-clicks away...
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

sgp wrote: ...
Unrelated to this topic, do you know if TC allows setting the file compare program to an external one? It would solve my original issue - invoking a custom compare tool from the overwrite dialog would be just two mouse-clicks away...
Yes, for example my Wincmd.ini entry:
CompareTool="%COMMANDER_DRIVE%\tools\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe"

You can also make a button to invoke that with command:
cm_CompareFilesByContent
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Horst.Epp wrote:

cm_CompareFilesByContent
we just miss a kind of "TC Compare Redirector" to have comparetools defined by File Type ;)
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

nsp wrote:
Horst.Epp wrote:

cm_CompareFilesByContent
we just miss a kind of "TC Compare Redirector" to have comparetools defined by File Type ;)
Beyound Compare already does this :D
It compares according to file types with different filters and features.
Maximus

Post by *Maximus »

Could AppLoader simulate a mouse click on the "More Options>>" dialog of the overwrite dialog? From there could AppLoader select the first menu entry, which is 'compare', then intercept the call to the file compator from which it could get both paths... I know, it sounds kludgy, and I have no idea if it's technically possible, but...
I'll see what I can do.
BTW, my file overwrite dialog looks different from yours. Mine displays a thumbnail for each of the two files in the overwrite dialog. It makes me wonder if it's some other loaded plugin that adds the thumbnails. If so then maybe AppLoader could use a similar technique to modify/intercept the overwrite dialog and make it display the full path?
AppLoader can be called only from overwrite dialog, not before its opening.
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Maximus wrote:I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for taking a look!
Assuming that you can accomplish some kind of hook, how would AppLoader know to start the "comparator hook" vs. the "viewer hook" in practice? I press F3 and AppLoader starts the viewer hook now. Will I neeed to press another key for the comparator? Or will I need to press F3 and answer an intermediate choice dialog?
BTW, currently I use F4Menu as my AppLoaded viewer.