ann: hpg_0.59 - programmer's viewer&editor

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hpg

ann: hpg_0.59 - programmer's viewer&editor

Post by *hpg »

V 0.5.9:
Changes:
- fix: Changing background colours did not correctly work.
- add: Added colour profiles to save colour sets and fast load some
predefined ones.
- fix: CursorBeyondEOF did not work. Instead the LeepTrailingBlanks
options was used :-(
- add: User reserved colours.
- fix: Due to the user reserved colors old colour definitions in ini
files didn't work.

http://liveordead.de/free/hpg_ed_059.zip
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-10, 20:48 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
hpg

hpg_ed V 0.5.10

Post by *hpg »

V 0.5.10:
Changes:
- fix: The tab & indention settings are applied to the editor AFTER
a file was loaded and though the tabs are always converted to 3 spaces.
- fix: minor fixes on configuration DLL forms' tab stops.
- fix: The configuration dll is now searched in several places by using
the following order:
1st: windows path or current directory of tcmd
2nd: directory where the hpg_ed is located in
3rd: the suggested place where the tcmd ini file is located in
Please take care that only one configuration dll 'hpg_ed_cfg.dll' is on
your system and old DLL's are not supported anymore!

http://liveordead.de/free/hpg_ed_0510.zip

Have fun :-)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

hpg,
Some small bugs:
- Context menu - Options - Configure Alt+Eingabe (not English) :-)
- Configuration form - why is it so big and appears in left bottom part of screen. Every time I have to change it's size and move it.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
hpg

Post by *hpg »

WOW - I never heard this. Usually the hotkey strings are translated to your selected locale, are you using german locale?
- Configuration form - why is it so big and appears in left bottom part of screen. Every time I have to change it's size and move it.
Again, I cannot reproduce this, the configuration form should appear centered at your screen. Do you use a virtual screen size? What is your resolution, the form is smaller than 800x600 pixels?
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

hpg wrote:WOW - I never heard this. Usually the hotkey strings are translated to your selected locale, are you using german locale?
Polish one :-) And all other hotkey strings are English
hpg wrote: Again, I cannot reproduce this, the configuration form should appear centered at your screen. Do you use a virtual screen size? What is your resolution, the form is smaller than 800x600 pixels?
Sorry, I have not notice it was already :-(
I use 800x600 resoultion (no virtual screens).

I've tried both problems on WinNT 4.0 and on Win98.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
corny

Post by *corny »

hpg wrote:
WOW - I never heard this. Usually the hotkey strings are translated to your selected locale, are you using german locale?
Since v0.5.8 (I think) I also see Alt+Eingabe instead of Enter. My system locale is Dutch ...
Regards,
Cornelis
hpg

Post by *hpg »

Since v0.5.8 (I think) I also see Alt+Eingabe instead of Enter. My system locale is Dutch ...
Ok, I see, its my mistake, the only string that is not translated ;-)
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

:shock: Why didn't I try this before? It's brilliant!! Excellent! I was using nPad for editing, this is much better.

I'm afraid I don't really get that stuff in the readme about making my own highlightdefinitions... I'm currently using SQL for editing PHP but it honestly lacks a few things :wink:

I did study those lines at the end of the ini-file, I could see the idea in that, but it wasn't enough...

Maybe someone got a link to a nice definitions-file for PHP? Or an example file so I can make my own. Thanks!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Perfect tool, one wish only:
I would like some predefine path to looking for $res file. Reason - i don't keep all my projects on the same drive.

and one remark:
"Strg" and "Umsch" it is not English too. :wink:
hpg

Post by *hpg »

I'm afraid I don't really get that stuff in the readme about making my own highlightdefinitions... I'm currently using SQL for editing PHP but it honestly lacks a few things
I know.
I did study those lines at the end of the ini-file, I could see the idea in that, but it wasn't enough...
There is currently no feature supported to enhance the highlighters or define your own, sorry.
hpg

Post by *hpg »

"Strg" and "Umsch" it is not English too.
I tested the hotkeys on an english XP/w2K and .net Server. All went well. I don't know where the german strings came from.
Probably its a work around to change the hotkeys from configuration? Could you try and check whether new hotkey assignments are displayed in English?
Thank you.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

During redefinition in the edit box key name shown in English, but in the Description box and menu still in German.

PS. If your user interface language depend on locale information it is very bad idea (imho). I switch my locale very often, but i want user interface always in English.
hpg

Post by *hpg »

To:Vadi
During redefinition in the edit box key name shown in English, but in the Description box and menu still in German.
PS. If your user interface language depend on locale information it is very bad idea (imho). I switch my locale very often, but i want user interface always in English.
Ok I have to check it again :-(

The interface language is english, always. The shortcuts for menus are taken from the related WINAPI function and is not included in the hpg_ed itself. I don't want to insert extra code that is still existent in Win32 for that, so the UI should always display all captions in english but the shortcuts (Hints and Menus) in your locale.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

I encountered two problems. First problem is very simple: word wrapping doesn't work.
But second is something mysterious. When i try to open with your plugin one specific file located on CD it crash TC. If i copy this file on hard disk your plugin open it without problem, so file content isn't problematic. Other programs open this file from CD, so CD itself also good. Any idea? :shock: