[REQ] Breadcrumb navigation in "current directory"

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

InplaceRenamePath=2
I tried this and I am somewhat dissapointed.

The end effect is what I wont, but I don't like the fact that I have to double click it, and that on mouse over it doesn't underline it (so, I don't have visual feedback)

If I put "Open file and directories with single click" then it will work but then, I don't like this option with files. I would like to enter directories with single click, and use the files with dbl click.

So, I think it is the best to separate clicking option for files, directioies, and CD.

2 Flint
I don't understand why are you forcing this story about "already introduced features". Do you know every single thing about TC ?
Habemus majkam!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

The end effect is what I wont, but I don't like the fact that I have to double click it
Hm, strange. At least here, it works with a single click when "InplaceRenamePath=2" is set...

I agree about the mouseover-feature. This would be a good assistance indeed.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

icfu wrote:It's documented in English/German help file here.
It is indeed! My bad! :oops:
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I also cannot confirm your doubleclick problem. As I need the edit path feature I am using Shift+Click though...

Regarding the wish for underlining, I had requested that before the feature has been added. In these times I had played with xplorer2 who was the first file manager with this visual feedback (not underlining but hover colour though).

I also think that this kind of visual feedback is very important but that's a problem throughout the complete GUI of TC which is extremely static.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

[OT]
majkinetor ! wrote:I don't understand why are you forcing this story about "already introduced features". Do you know every single thing about TC ?
No, I don't. But I usually read the help, search through forums and history file before I decide to post a feature-request.

Take it easy, I didn't intend to offend you in any way. At first I just thought, that you are requesting for something really new which I didn't understand - hence my first question in this thread (about the differencies). The next my post was just a joke: you called this a "new feature" and I found it funny to call a two-year-old feature "new" - hence my second message posted with a smile.

Don't see enemies all around you, and the life will become much brighter and happier. :)

Sorry 2 all for this completely offtop post...
[/OT]
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Don't see enemies all around you, and the life will become much brighter and happier.
You think I see enemies all around ? :lol:

For that, u must be seriously interested in people.
I am not.
As I need the edit path feature I am using Shift+Click though...
I use edit path all the time. Don't tell me I can't use it with InPlaceRename=2. I didn't have problems so far but I use single click on panel to start editing.
I also think that this kind of visual feedback is very important but that's a problem throughout the complete GUI of TC which is extremely static.
Nothing but the truth.
Habemus majkam!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

I use edit path all the time. Don't tell me I can't use it with InPlaceRename=2.
Hm, unfortunately you can't. With InplaceRenamePath=2 you have to use 'cm_editPath' for that (or press Shift+F6 when cursor is over '..').

This strongly calls for a request:

IMHO setting InplaceRenamePath to 1/2 should completely toggle the behaviour.

1: click=edit path, Shift+Click=go to dir (like currently implemented)
2: click=go to dir, Shift+Click=edit path (red part missing)

I don't know why a setting of 2 does navigate with and without Shift, while 1 provides both features. Perhaps it has been simply missed...
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

2icfu

Actually, Salamander has had this feature (navigating via highlighting/clicking "crumbs" in the path bars) for as long as I can remember... years, anyway. It also works much more nicely than the TC implementation. Only requires a single click, regardless whether the panel is active or inactive.

Smooth.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Why can't we have same behavior as with default settings?

- When you click on the path part you go there.
- When you click on the blank part, go to edit mode. If path is very long, so fills enitre panel, leave small width of the panel free (like 5mm after [*] button) to be able to click it.
Habemus majkam!
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

JohnFredC wrote:
Actually, Salamander has had this feature (navigating via highlighting/clicking "crumbs" in the path bars) for as long as I can remember... years, anyway. It also works much more nicely than the TC implementation. Only requires a single click, regardless whether the panel is active or inactive.

Smooth.
By the way For me "crumb" is relative to the history of the Tab and not relative to the current path...

If the jump to a predecessor folder in the path is enough, we miss "mouse over" highlight and/or tooltips help to have a usable feature...

The inReplaceName=2 is really not consistent with inReplaceName=1 and the EditPath is really missing from a mouse point of you.....
chrislu

Post by *chrislu »

support+++

i love the idea and think it is very well done in the windows vista explorer. i support the idea to enhance the cd panel with this kind of drop down menus for each folder in the cwd.
SchickiMicki

Post by *SchickiMicki »

support+++

i love the idea and think it is very well done in the windows vista explorer. i support the idea to enhance the cd panel with this kind of drop down menus for each folder in the cwd.
vote! i like this vista-feature and i´d love to see it in tc!
this thread is 4 months old, any news about that feature for tc?