Syus bug report, comment, question

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jdmarch

Syus bug report, comment, question

Post by *jdmarch »

Thanks for SYNUS, a nice plugin!

1. A bug report:

When SYNUS passes the filename to the specified editor, SYNUS does not enclose the filename in quotes. This works ok with notepad even if the path includes spaces, but it does not work with editors that can accept multiple filenames on their command line.

2. It would be useful for newcomers if the Readme file would say to use the right click to access configuration and settings.

3. How will SYNPLUS be different than SYNUS?

Thanks,
Jonathan
SCHMaster

Post by *SCHMaster »

2jdmarch
When SYNUS passes the filename to the specified editor ...
Ok. Thank. I try to correct this bug
How will SYNPLUS be different than SYNUS?
Excuse me, I not understood :(

And one question - why assign the question in forum and send that on mail? :)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

SCHMaster wrote:
How will SYNPLUS be different than SYNUS?
Excuse me, I not understood :(
Well, I think jdmarch wanted to know what differences are beetwen the two plugins and why one author has created two such similar plugins.
I must admit that I don't use any of them but reading their descriptons they seem to be very similar for me, too.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
SCHMaster

Post by *SCHMaster »

2djk
Thanks!
and 2jdmarch
Difference - SynUs has built-in support beside 20 formats of the files and built-in color schemes
But exists the ensemble of the programming languages or other text files with determined by syntax, which SynUs does not support. And I came plenty of letters with request to add some other language or type of the files, but about many of them I even and did not hear - often this was a specific files of some programs or rare programming languages.
Beside me too much such programs and files. On this I have solved to write SynPlus - a color scheme possible to adjust under any format of the file practically.
But person of the interest to plugin no, reason - little who wants itself adjust color schemes :)
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

Thanks for the explanation (and for the clarification, DJK). So I will give SYNPLUS a look.

About the duplicating email... I'm sorry, first I wrote the question as email, then realized it would be better to post in the forum, but forgot to take the original email from my outbasket.

Jonathan
SCHMaster

Post by *SCHMaster »

2jdmarch
About the duplicating email...
Ok. :)
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

One other comment about the readme file. It would be useful if your website was listed there, because it's not always so easy to get to your "About" screen, because it's necessary to first find an associated file.

Thanks!
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

I installed SYNPLUS and ran the configuration dialog, but everything is greyed out except "Add List" (which does not do anything), "OK", and "Cancel". What am I missing?
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Click first any item in "Highlight type" :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

Click first any item in "Highlight type"
Ah, thanks. DJK.

So this is nice, very configurable if one can create a CINI file and tweak the INI file by hand.

Bug report: if one uses SYNPLUS while the config dialog is open, it kills TC with an AV.

Feature request: show line number and character position in line.

Thanks,
Jonathan