ann: hpg_ed 0.5.11 - programmer's viewer&editor

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hpg

Post by *hpg »

AlleyKat wrote:It's a fab editor tool! Can I help in any way 'bout the PHP highlighting, you just give the word.
Hehe, if you are experienced in Delphi programming you may create a new PHP type in the RAHLEditor of the RALib 2.01 (of course with some +hpg extensions :-) ).
Please let me know if you want...
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

hpg wrote:if you are experienced in Delphi programming you may create a new PHP type in the RAHLEditor of the RALib 2.01 (of course with some +hpg extensions)
I'm afraid I don't know it, sorry... :( but I'd certainly like to help anyway. I'll go look for them tools and see how hard it is. :wink:
hpg wrote:How do you produce the marked lines? Could you send me a protion of code and a step by step list?
I've mailed it to your Hotmail. :) Hope I'm being specific enough, and that you understand my danish-tinged english.
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

2Botak:
Quote:
When you click on Options and then behind Configure it says Alt+Eingabe. Someone mentioned this before just don't remember who (sorry )

Ok, I think about installing an English version of my IDE. And then all should (initially, at least, hopefully!) be displayed in English.
I have no idea why this happens. On some test machines all is correctly in English!?
Ouch, that should make ik difficult to debug for you. Good luck with it :wink:
2Botak
Quote:
Second, if you click Options and check Line numbers On/Off. It works, but if you go to Configure, you will see the choice there is unchanged and then if you close the configure dialog, your line numbers will either reappear or disappear just depending on how it was configured.

Yes, this is by design. I did't want to save options when temporary set via menu (in the editor view).
Because some users wants e.g. to switch the line numbers on, only for the current file and not for all following files.

The configuration dialog represents the saved options and not the currently selected runtime options.

Sorry, but I think this is the best compromise for most users
Aha, the bug is a feature :twisted: Nah, your reasoning makes sense. I had not thought about it in that way.

Good luck with the program.

Botak
corny

Post by *corny »

hpg wrote:
HenrikHusted wrote:If you're viewing a C file the is a small problem with the syntax highlighting.

Code: Select all

//*********
void SomeCode(void);
will cause everything to be syntax colored as a comment.

Yes, "//" is not ANSI C but most compilers will allow it :D
No its not a small problem, it's inside the editor (BTW: some of the strangest codes I ever saw, written in PASCAL).
So I just took a short look at the parser and noticed that there are some problems with comments in PASCAL too.
So this could take some time to fix :-(
Hi,

Did you already have enough time to fix this problem? I've got a lot of sourcefiles where this type of 'comment' is used, and opening them in hpg_ed isn't fun with the highlighting problem :cry:
Regards,
Cornelis
hpg

Post by *hpg »

Did you already have enough time to fix this problem? I've got a lot of sourcefiles where this type of 'comment' is used, and opening them in hpg_ed isn't fun with the highlighting problem :cry:
No not yet. I'm just looking for another editor component that's fits the needs better.

Hint: make a replace //***** -> // *****
Note the single whitespace. Ok I know its a workaround.
m__li

is there any option to wrap a long line?

Post by *m__li »

if not, will it be in a future release?
hpg

Re: is there any option to wrap a long line?

Post by *hpg »

m__li wrote:if not, will it be in a future release?
:-) of course, because I hate the bug too.
So it's just a matter of (free) time.
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

Another detail, dunno if this has been mentioned... when Deleting a carriage return, it doesn't delete to cursor but to last (actual) character (ie you can't type a Space at the end of a line and pull the text in next line up correctly).

Maybe you could get inspiration from Nikola's nPad. :) Hope you find time for it at some point, it's a fabulous tool, this.
hpg

Post by *hpg »

AlleyKat wrote:Another detail, dunno if this has been mentioned... when Deleting a carriage return, it doesn't delete to cursor but to last (actual) character (ie you can't type a Space at the end of a line and pull the text in next line up correctly).
Hello, did you play with the 'Keep trailing spaces' option? This sounds to me, that you have disabled this option ;-)
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

:oops: :oops: MY BAD! You're absolutely right, I must be getting senile. I specifically disabled it when I was editing a certain file, and obviously forgot all about it. Sorry. How could I make a silly blunder like that...

On another note, that marking-up-problem: I've reinstalled XP from scratch and it's still there. I'm beginning to suspect I have a wrong file / wrong version of a file somewhere in my TC folder; I'll reinstall in a few days to weed it out. I have a few files that hpg_ed doesn't want to open at all, too, which could maybe also be related to this. To be honest, my TC folder is a mess.