Enhancement req in sync dirs

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Enhancement req in sync dirs

Post by *wanderer »

First of all i wish happy holidays and a great new year to all.

A little wish that came up as i was working. Sync dirs returns a list of files that are different in some way. It would be nice if the rightclick menu contained 1 or 2 more functions if one item only is selected in the list:

1. "Feed selected folders to listboxes" which would close the Sync dirs window and place the folders containing the selected files in the file panels (in new tabs perhaps) so that the user can manually take some action.

2. "Feed selected folders to new TC" which would open a new TC using as locations of the panels the two folders that are compared in the first TC window. Given the fact that right now "Sync dirs" is a modal window, this wish might actually be more useful than the first one i describe.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Maybe a better solution would be to make that context menu user configurable (in the wcmd_*.mnu file?) as more useful things could be added in there besides those suggested.
TC for Linux please!
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

roentgen666 wrote:Maybe a better solution would be to make that context menu user configurable (in the wcmd_*.mnu file?) as more useful things could be added in there besides those suggested.
Hmmm, not bad. If it can be done, it would indeed be better.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.