Nero controlfile packerplugin (burn-plugin)?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jonas

Nero controlfile packerplugin (burn-plugin)?

Post by *Jonas »

Hi

does anyone know if a (packer-)plugin exists which alows you to create/edit Nero (burning ROM) controlfiles (.nra for audio or .nri for data)?
Such a packerplugin would be realy useful because you could create you CD's via TC, make you a Button to forward the file to Nero and burn it.

The only plugins I found which are making something like that are for ISO-images.
Last edited by Jonas on 2003-08-25, 20:40 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Nero controlfile packerplugin?

Post by *djk »

As I know there is only a plugin which allows to extract files from .nrg files.

You are right it would be really useful to have a plugin for creating cd via TC. :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

I've just seen that 'Nero burning ROM' has got an Command-line interface! It's called nerocmd.exe and can do everything nero can do; only by the commandline. (nerocmd is part of Nero burnung ROM since version 5.5)

With this tool it should be realyeasy to make a plugin for burning CD's. It's not nessesary to find out how the .nra/.nri-files are build.

My vision of a TC-nero-cd-burner-fs-plugin: A kind of temp-panel with a few extendet functions:
In the root of the plugin are the basic configuration, like the driveletter of the cd-writer, information about the CD in the drive, the possibility to erase a CD-RW, etc. and a directory 'CDs'
In the directory 'CDs' you can create dir's of your choice, each representing a CD. Here you can copy all files/dirs you want to brun (only links to the files are stored, not the files itself). In addition to these files three other files are, never the less in which subdir you are, visible:
'__total_size' -> the size of this "file" is the size of all the files in this collection.
'__settings' -> a .ini-file with all settings for the currend CD (ex. name, burningspeed, etc.)
'__burn' -> bunrs the collection to a CD-R when executed.

finaly, who want's to write the CD-R-support for TC?