Question about TC, iView and animated images

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Question about TC, iView and animated images

Post by *wanderer »

Using TC and IrfanView as an image viewer. If i press CTRL+Q on an image with animation (gif), the animation is not shown. If i open iView and load the same image, the animation is visible. Does anybody know why is that?
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

wanderer
This is caused by the method TC works with IrfanView: the viewer converts the image into BMP (which does not support any animation) and then transfer this image to TC.

If you wish full support of various image types, use plugins, like Imagine or SGViewer.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Flint wrote:wanderer
This is caused by the method TC works with IrfanView: the viewer converts the image into BMP (which does not support any animation) and then transfer this image to TC.
Hi Flint. Thanks for the info. I guess the built-in controls TC uses just don't support any kind other than bmp. :(
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.