"Search in plugins" could keep its state

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Pedro76

"Search in plugins" could keep its state

Post by *Pedro76 »

Hello Christian !

I have a suggestion:

It would be great, when the checkbox "Search in plugins" in "Find Files / Plugins" would keep its state between two searches.

Background info:
I'm a developer using Subversion as revision control system. Subversion creates a directory .svn in every directory of my source code tree, which contains the base version of my files.

So when I search my sources with TC, I get the files twice - my working copy and the base version from the .svn directories. I set up a plugin that ignores the .svn directories to prevent this.

It's quite annoying to have to switch to "Plugins" and click the checkbox "Search in plugins" every time I hit Alt+F7.

Best regards

Petr Sulla
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Pedro76
Hi,

the idea behind not restoring some search options is that users don't want to perform the same search again and again. Well you seem to be a user who wants to do this. Fortunately there is a solution. The search provides a way to save your search options. Press the "Save" button and type a name for your search options. TC 7 introduces a new simplyfied way of loading your search options. Just put the command
LOADSEARCH mysearchoption
on a button or use it in a user command to load your search settings instantly. You can even reassign Alt+F7 to a user command.