Suggestions for copy

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mikeyww

Suggestions for copy

Post by *mikeyww »

Suggestions for copy:
1. Specify background, "overwrite all" or "skip all" before the copy starts.
2. Queue successive copies so that one starts only after the previous one finishes. This is often faster and more efficient.
Mike
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

1. Specify background, "overwrite all" or "skip all"
before the copy starts.
F5 - Options - Overwrite all.
F5 - Options - Skip all.
F5 - F2.
2. Queue successive copies so that one starts only after the previous one finishes. This is often faster and more efficient.
F5 - F2.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
mikeyww

Post by *mikeyww »

Gee whiz, I've been using TC for so long and never noticed! Thanks for enlightening me. Mike
CopyCats

Post by *CopyCats »

I have a Copy-related suggestion too.

Scenario: I have a folder for digital photos, which are grouped in subfolders. When I press Ctrl-Shift-B, the current file pane will list all the files from all of the subfolders.

I select a bunch of those files and (try to) copy them to one of the subfolders.

As it happens, my selection of files includes a few files that already find themselves in the target folder (that is difficult to avoid in this case).

Consequently, my Copy request is refused with an error message saying "you cannot copy a file to itself". Well, that is true, but why not just skip those files (after a warning) and continue with all the remaining files?

ps: I work around it now by first comparing the list of files to the list from that particular subfolder.
#5050 :: Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand!
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

2CopyCats

After pressing F5, just choose from the options button "auto rename copied"