Sync into RAR: focus lost, file list lost

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

A beep is played when the progress dialog is removed while Total Commander does not have the focus. This is done to remind the user that the file operation has finished, while he is working in some other program. Apparently you get the beep too when the focus was lost for some other reason. I think that I can leave it that way.

I could not reproduce a single focus loss here. Maybe some other program is stealing the focus on your system?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

- The beep is not a big problem for me, my speakers have a switch. ;)

- The file list does not get lost anymore on any of the tested systems, I consider this fixed.

But:
- The loss of focus seems to depend on luck - sometimes it works OK, sometimes not. :|

First the PC I tested yesterday (2.4 GHz P4) was working fine, after some testing the focus was lost almost every time.
Then I restored the whole system from an image (back to the old state) - still the focus was lost there nearly 100%.

On my "slow" 550MHz machine it is lost only about 10%,
whereas on another 2.4 GHz P4 (with minimum software installation) the focus is lost about 80% of the tries.
HISTORY.TXT wrote:15.05.07 Fixed: Synchronize dirs: Focus loss when using external packer (WinXP only)
Not only WinXP, every tested machine here is running W2k SP4.
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, it seems that my 866MHz machine is just too slow to reproduce this error. :(
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I was to hasty saying that the lost focus problem is fixed.

It seems to be fixed in synchronize dirs, when when the copy direction is removed for one or more of the files (e.g. TC will find some files whwn recomparing after the synchronization).

If all files are being synchronized however, then TC still looses focus to the now empty synch list after the packer is closed.

I am using a 3.0 GHz computer.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

petermad wrote:If all files are being synchronized however, then TC still looses focus to the now empty synch list after the packer is closed.
Today (!?) this is reproduceable on all PCs here, including the slow one.
I'll keep an eye on this...
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think that I can do anything about it, so I have to move it to the problems which cannot be changed, sorry.