Small bug removing command line.

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bdk

Small bug removing command line.

Post by *bdk »

Hi

I encountered this small bug when I wanted to remove the command line from the layout.
To reproduce:
1. Add some text to the command line
2. Open Options/Layout and uncheck the 'Show command line'.
3. Press apply or OK.

The command line does not disappear. If you go to the command line and press ESC (which empties the command line), the command line disappears.
So the command line cannot be removed as long as it contains text.

If this is a bug or a feature I will let others decide. It confused me for a second, that's for sure :-)

regards,
Bård
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

Hi,

I guess this is by design. As long as the command line contains text it will be displayed. Executing the command or pressing ESC will hide the command line.

The only thing which confuses me from time to time is... The commandline contains text but is NOT active (no focus). Now trying to change into the selected directory (in the file list) via ENTER will NOT change the dir but execute the commandline.

May be this behavior could/should be changed or might be configurable...

Regards,
CoolWater
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, this is by design. The command line goes into auto-show/hide mode when you uncheck it. It will appear automatically when needed, and disappear when emptied.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bdk

Post by *bdk »

Hi

Okeydokey, so it is by design. I'll learn to live with it. :-)

The problem CoolWater addresses is exactly the reason I want to remove the command line. I only use the command line to get the file name or file name plus path using the Ctrl(+Shift)+Enter. But after copying the expression from the command path I often forget to press ESC to clear the command line, and the next time I hit Enter, TC opens the file path that still is displayed on the command line. This is VERY annoying. So I just redefined the keys to copy the stuff directly to the clipboard and removed the command line, and voila; problem solved.

Regards,
Bård
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the TC7 beta discussion forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.