Lister, Compare by Content: old behavior required

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

NMM2

Lister, Compare by Content: old behavior required

Post by *NMM2 »

Compare by Content:
in non edit left/right-mode: omitt the vertical scrollbar in the right window /as it was in 6.56): if you use the scroller of the mouse then the view scrolls up/down if you are in the left window and left/right if you are in the right window. This was a very nice feature, and dos not longer work in 7.0 because of the new scroller in the right window.
Can you rechange this?

Lister: in version 6.56: pressing END goes to the end of the file, but now (in 7.0) END puts only the cursor th the end of the current line.
Can you rechange this?

Regards
Mircea
Clo

Editor behaviour

Post by *Clo »

2NMM2

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• In Edit mode, Lister behaves the same than all text editors in Windows,
thus you need CTRL+End ¦ Ctrl+Home to reach the end¦top of the file.

• In viewer mode, End and Home work like before.

- F6 to toggle the modes Cursor <—> No cursor (or in the Option Menu…)

NOTE : Please, post ONE topic per thread, according to the forum rules.

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
NMM2

Post by *NMM2 »

Thanks Claude,

F6 will do. It will even remeber the last mode!

Yours
Mircea
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

NMM2 wrote:if you use the scroller of the mouse then the view scrolls up/down if you are in the left window and left/right if you are in the right window. This was a very nice feature, and dos not longer work in 7.0 because of the new scroller in the right window.
It depended on the mouse drivers you used. In TC7 you can scroll to the left/right by holding Shift during mouse wheel scrolling.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
NMM2

Post by *NMM2 »

OK Flint, but holding Shift I need two hands and the scroller in the right windows is actually useless, because its synchronized with the scroller from the left window. And if the scroller is not there, the mouse will automatically choose the horizontal scroller if you scroll over the right window.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

NMM2 wrote:OK Flint, but holding Shift I need two hands and the scroller in the right windows is actually useless, because its synchronized with the scroller from the left window. And if the scroller is not there, the mouse will automatically choose the horizontal scroller if you scroll over the right window.
As for me, scrolling in the right panel did not work at all in TC 6.5x. I told above, that it strongly depends on your mouse model, drivers, software you're using etc. The right scrollbar was added exactly for scrolling the right panel which did not work on many systems. If you wish the previous behaviour back - I don't mind, but only optionally, because I like current behaviour very much.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64