Ctrl+Shift+Left in cm_EditPath leaves cursor at end of sel.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

now

Ctrl+Shift+Left in cm_EditPath leaves cursor at end of sel.

Post by *now »

When using Ctrl+Shift+Left in the cm_EditPath field, the cursor is left at the end of the selection instead of moving to the beginning of the selection as is customary (and logical).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This has already been discussed 1000 times! Please use the search function before posting the same problem again and again. It's a Windows limitation, and there is no workaround.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
now

Post by *now »

Sorry.

Anyway, let me provide some input. It seems that if the edit control has the multi-line attribute set, the order of WPARAM and LPARAM to EM_SETSEL is respected (which it isn’t for some reason in a single-line edit control). I guess this could be used somehow, making sure to capture the Enter key to not add a new line to the edit control, but to accept the input.

Another solution would be to use a third-party edit control that isn’t as retarded as Microsofts…
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately the edit control of a combobox cannot be set to multi-line. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
now

Post by *now »

Well, would it work for the cm_EditPath edit box and for Copy/Move/… dialogs?

(It’s completely beyond me how Microsoft could f**k this up so bad. I’m sure this is due to some horrible case of backwards compatibility, but then they should provide an alternative API.)