@Arial unicode MS not correctly supported

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

silver

@Arial unicode MS not correctly supported

Post by *silver »

Hi,

To categorize my directory I use 1) xxxxx 2) xxxxx as prefix. When using the Arial unicode font (just looks very nice) a huge space is created after the ')' sign. Using an underscore character results in a very long underscore. Maybe a unicode support issue?

Best regards,

Frank
Clo

Not yet…

Post by *Clo »

2silver

:) Hello ! Welcome aboard !

• What about use the Search here prior… ?

- Unicode is not fully suported yet. This is planned for TC 7.5 or 8.0, a huge work and the priority change…

:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't think that it has to do anything with Unicode, but with how these characters are define in Arial Unicode. The space and underscore probably match the width of the Chinese/Japanese ideograms. Just look at the font in charmap.exe.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

Which kangies ?

Post by *Clo »

2ghisler(Author)

:) Hello !

• Sorry, but I far as I could read, silver didn't say he's using kangies… :roll:

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Clo,
I guess the point is that it does not matter.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
silver

Post by *silver »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I don't think that it has to do anything with Unicode, but with how these characters are define in Arial Unicode. The space and underscore probably match the width of the Chinese/Japanese ideograms. Just look at the font in charmap.exe.
That could be. When using explorer or any other program, the char-width is OK though.

Regards,

Silver
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm just calling the Windows functions (TextOut, TabbedTextOut etc) to draw the text, nothing special...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try using "Arial unicode MS" instead of "@Arial unicode MS". The fonts with the "@" sign at the beginning are meant to write vertical text (top to bottom), e.g. for Chinese or Japanese documents. The font without the "@" is meant for left to right (and right to left) text.