Non-bold font in Config title when selecting any charset

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Non-bold font in Config title when selecting any charset

Post by *Flint »

When all settings are default, the page titles on the Configuration dialog are written in bold. However, when I simply re-select the same font as used by default (MS Sans Serif, 8, non-bold, cyrillic) this title suddenly becomes non-bold. Here are the screenshots:
Default view
After font re-selecting

I found that this change is caused by the FontCharsetDialog key: if it is present and has non-zero value, the title is non-bold; if it is removed from wincmd.ini, the title becomes bold.

This effect appears with MS Sans Serif only (of course, I could not test each of 100s fonts installed, but I checked about 10 different fonts).

WinXP SP2, TC 7.02.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Clo

Warm water…

Post by *Clo »

2Flint

:) Hello K. !

• That's an old well known issue which has been discussed here already, hence :
« Please, use the Search !» :lol:

¤ Note : Whether it's nowhere to be found here, please see the ß-forum too…

:mrgreen: FR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Clo wrote:Note : Whether it's nowhere to be found here, please see the ß-forum too…
Ah, this is the case. I searched, but only this forum and could find nothing concerning this issue. On the beta-forum it is present, indeed, thanks for the tip.

However, there were no information that setting charset changes the font from bold into normal...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Clo

Finie en queue de poisson…

Post by *Clo »

2Flint

:) Alas, this (my) thread had fizzled out, we didn't get more on the ß-forum, and the issue is pending for more than 2 years.
- That weirdness might be fixed, naturally, and I fear that we'll have to wait for 7.5 and the Unicode support
(hoping that finally the internal default font of the resources'll be changed).

- We didn't add a note in the Tutos has usual in such cases because we recommend complete fonts…
- Indeed, they are treated differently for the Options titles, and it's still good to revive that topic !

:mrgreen: FR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed when you choose a dialog box font, it is applied to all dialog box elements, including the title. Only when using the default font, the title remains unchanged in its separate bold font. I haven't yet spent any time to change that, because it's only a minor visual problem.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com