F4Menu for all v0.58

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Shanny wrote:IMO, only unselect the opened files is better than arbitrarily unselect all
Well, no matter inside or outside archive, when a user selects multiple files and press F4, the selection is supposed to ONLY for F4 purpose. So IMO unselecting them all afterwards makes more sense.
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Raymond wrote:
Shanny wrote:IMO, only unselect the opened files is better than arbitrarily unselect all
Well, no matter inside or outside archive, when a user selects multiple files and press F4, the selection is supposed to ONLY for F4 purpose. So IMO unselecting them all afterwards makes more sense.
Sometimes user select too many files and exceed the limitation, in this case F4Menu should only unselect the first limited amount, that make it possible to press F4 again to open the remaining files
TCEE, TCPP, F4Menu -- Shanny
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

icfu wrote:
IMO, only unselect the opened files is better than arbitrarily unselect all
Well, this option doesn't work as expected then... F4Menu always unselects all files here – besides when selected in an archive, as reported – no matter if they have been opened or not.

Icfu
Yes, if you cancel to open some files, these files will be unselected as well,
only the files which besides the amount limitation will not be unselected.
Seems a little confusion :wink:
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

bayarookie wrote:Russian translation for 0.141
www.bayarookie.hotbox.ru/download/F4Menu_RussianLng.zip
Thanks, but you miss this line:
"65=&Unselect opened files"
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2Shanny
Please can you clarify a problem we have:
icfu is able to edit files on an ftp site, i am not. He confirms f4menu to stay resident in memory while his editor is open, i cannot (same editor: PSPad). Can you help us?

Also, please rename the Hungarian-magyar.lng file to simply Hungarian.lng.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Seems a little confusion
Not only a little... ;)

I suggest to rename the two settings:

Code: Select all

Maximum number of processed files (0-31)
Place directly below:

Unselect processed files
The maximum number limitation is in effect before the files are opened but already when calling, also pressing ESC unselects the files although they haven't been opened.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Shanny wrote:Sometimes user select too many files and exceed the limitation, in this case F4Menu should only unselect the first limited amount, that make it possible to press F4 again to open the remaining files
I got you point.

Then I found another little problem. Let's say there're 2 files in an archive.
a.txt
b.txt
Step 1. Select these 2 files and cursor is on b.txt.
Step 2. Press F4, Notepad opens only b.txt of coz.
Step 3. Exit Notepad. Now a.txt is selected and b.txt isnot but cursor is still on b.txt.
Step 4. Press F4 again. To my surprise Notepad opens b.txt again. This isn't normal TC behavior. (For example, in Step 3 press F3 will open a.txt by Lister)

By the way, I've already read your FAQ, but I just noticed that selecting multiple files in an arichive and press F3, Lister loads them all (press N/P to switch next and previous file), so I'm a little curious how come Lister can do this. Maybe you can also do the same trick? :wink:
rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

New Dutch language file.
Registered user #92105
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

Bug:
When I edit a file inside of a RAR archive with menu selection (Foregroung mode) the file name string is not pass correctly.
If I edit same file in background mode, with default application, it's work well.

Also with F T P.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

icfu wrote:
Seems a little confusion
Not only a little... ;)

I suggest to rename the two settings:

Maximum number of processed files (0-31)
Place directly below:

Unselect processed files
sounds reasonable, thanks :)
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Raymond wrote: Step 4. Press F4 again. To my surprise Notepad opens b.txt again. This isn't normal TC behavior. (For example, in Step 3 press F3 will open a.txt by Lister)
Actually, that's not F4Menu's problem, but TC's limitation,
As you know, TC can set the F3's behavior, but can't set that for F4,
(Configuration->Edit/View->Viewer for F3->...)

So if you choose "Internal Viewer with selected files" for F3, then in an archive, F3 will extract all select files. But F4 always extract the file under cursor.
so it's impossible for F4Menu to edit all selected files in an archive, unless TC add this feature for F4 in future.
bayarookie

Post by *bayarookie »

Fixed russian translation for 0.141
www.bayarookie.hotbox.ru/download/F4Menu_RussianLng.zip

About unicode filenames. When I press F4 on file with non english and non native filename, for example, "Français.lang" F4menu talks "Cannot find file [Francais.lang] in dir [c:\Program Files\nLite\Lang\].
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

2 SanskritFritz & eugensyl
SanskritFritz wrote: Please can you clarify a problem we have:
icfu is able to edit files on an ftp site, i am not. He confirms f4menu to stay resident in memory while his editor is open, i cannot (same editor: PSPad). Can you help us?
eugensyl wrote: Bug:
When I edit a file inside of a RAR archive with menu selection (Foregroung mode) the file name string is not pass correctly.
If I edit same file in background mode, with default application, it's work well.
That's not F4Menu's bug.
You know, before F4 edit archive/Ftp file, TC unpack/download the opened file to TEMP dir, and deletes it when the F4 editor(in our cases, it's F4Menu, not the real editor) closed.

And there's a relative key "EditWaitTime" in wincmd.ini, I just extract it from TC help:

EditWaitTime=2	Timeout value when editing files from an archive or ftp server: If an editor closes within this amount of seconds, assume that it's a multiple document editor and show dialog where user can confirm when editing has ended. Set to 0 to turn off this feature. Set to -1 to not show this dialog at all (e.g. when the file was passed via DDE to the associated program).
That means if F4 Editor closed within the EditWaitTime, TC show a dialog to confirm, otherwise, TC delete the file when editor closed without dialog.

So when you run F4Menu in background,
if real editor is a SDI, F4Menu always keep in memory till the editor closed, so the tmp file is also kept during this time.
if real editor is a MDI, F4Menu exit quickly and does not exceed the EditWaitTime, so TC should show the dialog.

and when in foreground,
F4Menu should also work for SDI editor,
However, for MDI, since F4Menu cannot stay resident in memory, and user may exceed the EditWaitTime by menu choice, so the file is deleted when F4Menu exit, may before the real editor opening it. So the editor may report this file does not exists.

Here a simple workaround is set EditWaitTime larger, for example, 10 or 20. just FYI.
byblo

Post by *byblo »

I didn't use EditWaitTime -> EditWaitTime=-1. It always worked with ChoiceEditor

What mean MDI, SDI ?
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

byblo wrote:I didn't use EditWaitTime -> EditWaitTime=-1. It always worked with ChoiceEditor

What mean MDI, SDI ?
multiple/single document interface