generic wine wrapper

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

seb

Post by *seb »

Murdah777 wrote:is there a way to do a right-click on a music folder and choose "open with music player", like winamp does?
well i only get to rename files/dirs if i try something of the conext-menu (right-click)...
is there more i can do?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I suggest that you add a new verb yourself: Files - associate - edit type - add.

Alternatively, you can also define an internal association. Just define an additional verb, and do NOT set the default verb.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
miraelsol

Post by *miraelsol »

Thanks seb. The script worked perfectly for me (Ubuntu 10.10 / Wine 1.2.1). Maybe, for completeness sake, you can add to the instructions a final step to make the .pl file executable (chmod 777).

If you can get the icons to show that would be great!!!!

If Ghisler was to port TC to Linux that would be even better :-)
bigben

Post by *bigben »

Unfortunately the file on uploaded.to was deleted. Can anyone upload it somewhere again please?

@seb:
I couln't try out your wrapper yet, but it sounds very good! Maybe it would be helpful for the future if you post the PERL code here in this topic. Or as alternative, upload it on Google-Code so everyone can easily search/access/response to it.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I can put the file on ghisler.fileburst com if you send it to support at ghisler dot com.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Astevon

Post by *Astevon »

Dominus wrote:So no reason to use the wine wrapper.
It seems I just stumbled upon an even easier way to open stuff in the default linux program, without any registry editing. Simply go into Internal Associations in Total Commander's file menu, click Add, type in *.* as filetype, click OK, type in:

c:\windows\system32\winebrowser.exe "%1"

in the Open-field, click OK and OK - Done!

This way can also be used to make TC show icons for the files too, but you might have to create one association for each filetype/icon, and be sure to drag the *.* association to the bottom of the list.
bigben

Post by *bigben »

Astevon wrote:Simply go into Internal Associations in Total Commander's file menu, click Add, type in *.* as filetype, click OK, type in:

You're a genius! :D It works just perfect, thank you very much for this simple solution!
neverthelesshello

Post by *neverthelesshello »

bigben wrote:
Astevon wrote:Simply go into Internal Associations in Total Commander's file menu, click Add, type in *.* as filetype, click OK, type in:

You're a genius! :D It works just perfect, thank you very much for this simple solution!
Yep definitely a genius, Why can't he take over the running of Greece for a few years :D
What you dont see is what you get!
marlar

Post by *marlar »

Astevon wrote:It seems I just stumbled upon an even easier way to open stuff in the default linux program, without any registry editing. Simply go into Internal Associations in Total Commander's file menu, click Add, type in *.* as filetype, click OK, type in:
Unfortunately it does not work if there is accented characters in either the filename or the path. Whereas if I enter "winebrowser <filename>" from the commandline field it works even with accented characters.

Any fix for this?
Rookie-Doo

Post by *Rookie-Doo »

Hello seb and the others,

sorry for pushing, but I wanted to download the wrapper. Is 0.05 the last version? The link seems dead...
seb wrote:here is the update: wine_wrapper v0.05
Thank you in advance!
rkd
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Rookie-Doo.

No idea whether the generic wine-wrapper is still available somewhere. sorry.
But maybe this Linux Mint tutorial will help achieve the goal without the generic wine-wrapper:
wine - how to setup Total Commander to launch correct (default) application for selected file

Kind regards,
Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
Rookie-Doo

Post by *Rookie-Doo »

karlchen wrote:But maybe this Linux Mint tutorial will help achieve the goal without the generic wine-wrapper:
wine - how to setup Total Commander to launch correct (default) application for selected file
Hey Karl,

it took a while but
Create script run_prog in C:\ with this content:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/xdg-open "`wine winepath -u "$1"`"

Make that script executable (open terminal in drive C):

hanax@Wadjet ~/.wine/drive_c $ chmod +x ./run_prog

In Total Commander
Menu item Files -> Internal Associations
Click Add, then in File Type line enter *.*, click OK
in Actions Open box enter C:\run_prog "%1"
Click OK, OK
Try it, it should work :)
works perfect!! Thank you so much! :D

Only the icons are not displayed as usual but who cares... thank you again!
Rookie-Doo

Post by *Rookie-Doo »

One more question:

I recognized the first "not so well"-association: JPGs are opened with Gimp (normally/outside TC JPGs are handled by a program caled Viewnior: http://xsisqox.github.com/Viewnior on my system). How can I adjust this?
Bodenseepferd

Post by *Bodenseepferd »

For some reason the wine-solution with the run_prog did not work with my Mint Linux.
If I doubleclick the script NOTHING happens. Maybe s.th. was wrong with the way I did it:

I created the script by copying the two lines into a notepad window, saved the file not as txt, but without ending and then made it executable as described. Anything wrong with that?

It would really be great, if I managed to get that working since all other suggested Linux-alternatives to TC are lacking some features.

UPDATE: Problem solved. The mistake was that I created the file with notepad. It has to be created in some Linux text-editor, like e.g. gedit. Now it works.
Rookie-Doo

Post by *Rookie-Doo »

Bodenseepferd wrote:For some reason the wine-solution with the run_prog did not work with my Mint Linux.
If I doubleclick the script NOTHING happens.
You don't need to doubleclick something. Just place the script es described and it will "called" in background when you open a file in TC. :)