DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2wlaci
is this intended, or am i doing something wrong?
It's definitely not intended. I could not reproduce the problem here.
What exactly happens when dirsizecalc.Size is displayed in a custom column and you sort by size?
wlaci

Post by *wlaci »

if i press the header of the column, the files are put into order, but the dirs are not

Image: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/160425/tcmd_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2wlaci

Try "Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Display" -> "Sorting directories" -> "Like files (also by time)"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
wlaci

Post by *wlaci »

petermad wrote:2wlaci

Try "Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Display" -> "Sorting directories" -> "Like files (also by time)"
oh sh**, that did the trick. sorry for false alarm, and thanks.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2wlaci
Okay thanks for your feedback :-)
N1c0

Re: DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Post by *N1c0 »

I use the latest version of the plug-in and it can be very usefull for drives cleanup, but unfortunatelly it caches dir size results until TC is restarted, which causes many inconveniences, because if some folders are cleaned up the sizes displayed are misleading. I clearly understand the reasons for caching, but could you also provide a command and shortcut for invalidating the results and recalculation? It would save me and all the other users from tideous TC restarts each time something is changed was changed inside the folders.

Hope for your help and quick update on this matter.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2N1c0
Hi,
could you also provide a command and shortcut for invalidating the results and recalculation?
The normal cm_RereadSource command in TC should invalidate the results.

If you want to avoid caching completely you can turn it off by using the settings application of DirSizeCalc.
N1c0

Post by *N1c0 »

Lefteous wrote:2N1c0
Hi,
could you also provide a command and shortcut for invalidating the results and recalculation?
The normal cm_RereadSource command in TC should invalidate the results.

If you want to avoid caching completely you can turn it off by using the settings application of DirSizeCalc.
You made my day! :) Thank you so much!!!
badboys

Post by *badboys »

Is there any way i can make folders show dynamic values?

Right now i can make them show kb/mb/gb etc, but i want them to show size the "smart" way. If it's 100kb to show 100kb, if it's 10mb to show 10mb, 100gb to show 100gb...

P.S. I am using TC UP with DirSizeCalc 2.21.
Second question, how can i update it to the current 2.22 version?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Right now i can make them show kb/mb/gb etc, but i want them to show size the "smart" way. If it's 100kb to show 100kb, if it's 10mb to show 10mb, 100gb to show 100gb...
You have to make a custum unit for that:

1. Go to Your DirSizeCalc plugin directory and execute DirSizeCalcSettings.exe or DirSizeCalcSettings64.exe
2. Click the Units Tab and click the Add button to add a new unit (name it fx. "All units"). Edit the new unit like this: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/dirsizecalc.png
3. Now either run the command cm_UnloadPlugins or restart TC (otherwise the new unit might not be available).
4. Configure your custom columns as usual - now you should see the unit "All units" under the Size section: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/dirsizecalc2.png (TC9b5), or http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/dirsizecalc3.png (TC 8.52a)
Second question, how can i update it to the current 2.22 version?
Download it here: http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/dirsizecalc_eng.htm and doubleclick on the downloaded file (from TC, not from Explorer)
Last edited by petermad on 2016-07-19, 18:55 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
badboys

Post by *badboys »

It works :)
Thank you very much.
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Is it possible to change the view for directories to enclose the size with < > like <DIR>?

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Is it possible to change the view for directories to enclose the size with < > like <DIR>?
Just edit the file dirsizecalc.lng in the appropriate language section. I guess [deu] in your case. The item to change is '0=Verz.'.
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Thanks Lefteous, I've changed to "0=<Dir.>" but I see no change. TC was restarted. Could be, that I wrote not the right what I want. So I mean, that the values for the directory size should have a different view as files:

Code: Select all

Name		Ext	Size
[Plugins]		<176,543 MB>
descript	ion	2,807 kB
Is that possible?

When the language is changed in Total Commander (from Deu to Eng), the name of the (DirSizeCalc) custom columns is not changed. Is that works as designed?

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I see you want to change the appearance of the calculated size not the appearance of the placeholder before the value is calculated. Unfortunately that's not possible at the moment but it's an interesting idea.