New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AndrewCreator

Post by *AndrewCreator »

ghisler(Author), I just want to notice that x64 libraries are available again at http://curl.haxx.se/download.html (thanks to Jack! for finding this).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks, I have updated the first post, and the download archive of the 64-bit dlls too!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AndrewCreator

Post by *AndrewCreator »

Hi!

I am just curious if zlib1.dll is needed for SFTP plugin. FileInfo does not show any dependency on it.
mag

x64 only: 'Cannot write' error on rename

Post by *mag »

I'm experiencing one ugly behavior with x64 plugin that doesn't occur with x32:
- connect to some remote machine, use defaults for everything in connection definition
- try to rename any file
- the following error appears:
Error: Cannot write \\\Secure FTP\connection-name\tmp\test1.txt!
Please remove the write protection!
- the file is successfully renamed even though the error occurrence
- no such issue with 32-bit TC

Tested with:
- TC 8.0 final x32/x64
- SFTP plugin 1.30
- libeay32.dll, libssh2.dll from curl-7.26.0-devel-mingw32.zip/curl-7.26.0-devel-mingw64.zip (http://curl.haxx.se/download.html#Win32)
- Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64

Tried with few Linux and HP-UX remote hosts, all with the same result.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for your report, I can reproduce the problem.
jbgrobler

Post by *jbgrobler »

Thank you for updating this plug in to 64 bit! Really appreciated.

I am using TC 8.0 64 bit with the plug in, and it all works well... for a while. After transferring about 200 files from the server to my local machine I always get an error about a file failing to copy. This is not so bad, I can just restart the copy and skip existing.

The problem is that TC glazes over and stops responding whenever I click the ok button on the error dialog. I have to end task. It has happened four times today alone. I really do not mind the error message, but the hanging is annoying.

I suspect the plug in is either not returning control to TC after an error, or the plug in is hanging internally and locking the entire thread.

I use this because this is the only access allowed by the company that hosts our web site, and there are hundreds of little images that have to be updated, deleted or appended every few months.

If you need any further information at all please do not hesitate to ask. I am a developer myself (Delphi since v1.0!) and will help if I can!
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

There probably is something wrong with error handling, either in plugin or in libssh2. I tried to kill sftp-server process on server while transferring files to simulate an error. Sometimes plugin handled it fine. It just waited for a few seconds (no lockup, the window was responsive) and then it showed file transfer error. After pressing OK it continued transferring files. But sometimes TC locked up for about a minute, after that it showed file transfer error message, but after OK it locked up again for a minute and so on.
olesio

Post by *olesio »

@ghisler(Author): I have a suggestion. Can you add "Send command to keep connection alive" (like in FTP client) to next version of Your Secure FTP plugin? I'm asking because I got shell account at mydevil.net and when I transfer any files (most recent irc logs from my sessions) to my hard disk - connection is breaking in very short time after download and I must press Ctrl+R to reconnect. When I asked server admin by support mail they recommand me to use WinSCP because it do not breaking connection. But I do not like WinSCP and I prefer use Your plugin. In early time when I used your plugin with own VPS at logout.pl (now I did not get too many clicks at banners on community site which I'm member so VPS membership was not extended because of the small number of cash) my session was not disconected, so probable this must be some ssh deamon settings, but I have low Linux/Unix konwledge in administrative matters, so I did not change it nothing in ssh settings. So it will be nice if you add that option. Please reply. Thank you in advice for help and sorry for my bad English.
Best regards: olesio
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's funny that they recommend "keep alive", normally server admins consider this as bad behaviour which defeats the purpose of a timeout. Maybe WinSCP just reconnect silently when it gets kicked out? Can you check the logs?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

ghisler(Author) wrote:It's funny that they recommend "keep alive", normally server admins consider this as bad behaviour which defeats the purpose of a timeout. Maybe WinSCP just reconnect silently when it gets kicked out? Can you check the logs?
WinSCP automatically reconnects after a few seconds if a timeout occurs
olesio

Post by *olesio »

@ghisler(Author): so like Horst.Epp check it "WinSCP automatically reconnects after a few seconds if a timeout occurs". So maybe you can add some auto Ctrl+R or some quite command like NOOP or other like in FTP if it is some possibility to keep connection alive. MyDevil.net support is good because they answer on emails very fast and IRC accounts in their offer have good (for me) parametes and account for year is cheap by Polish standards, but unfortunetly maybe from some internal security policy or other reasons (or other which are unknown for me) they changed ssh deamon settings and it disconnect ssh session in very short time and only reommandation from they site was WinSCP ;/ here is Secure FTP in ftp logfile content:

Code: Select all

DISCONNECT \mydevil - olesio (logi z irca)
========================
Connecting to: ssh.mydevil.net
IP address: 178.32.230.201:22
Server fingerprint:
6D A1 0E 36 C1 AB 42 10 F0 9A D5 F4 A9 87 EC 5A
Supported authentication methods: publickey,keyboard-interactive
Auth via keyboard interactive for user: olesio
CONNECT \mydevil - olesio (logi z irca)
Get directory: \home\olesio\irc_logs
Follow link: /home/olesio/irc_logs/quakenet_logs
Get directory: \home\olesio\.znc\users\q\moddata\log
Download file: /home/olesio/.znc/users/q/moddata/log/#sensible.pl_20120629.log
Follow link: /home/olesio/.znc/users/q/moddata/log/ircnet_logs
Like you see I try to visit ircnet_logs four times by enter key which wad made on shell by "ln -s" command. When I try to do this or view other file in current directory or copy to harddisk I get following error - for example:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Błąd ściągania pliku!
C:\Users\olesio\AppData\Local\Temp\_tc\ircnet_logs
OK   
"Błąd ściągania pliku" mean "Error downloading file". And like I wrote only Ctrl+R helps. But after about one minute or maybe earlier I have the same situation. So it is probable some ssh deamon settings on server. Because like I wrote before, on other server at own VPS when I can do anything which is in accordance with Polish law - I did not touch any ssh settings because I do not have konwledge in this and I did not need it. So maybe some keep connection feature can help me if server admins can do that and your plugin is still in development state.
Best regards: olesio
Umad

Post by *Umad »

Hello,
I am facing an issue with the plugin and the secure FTP folder. I have placed the plugin and the other 3 dll files in a folder and after that when i click on the plugin it opens in a notepad and no confirmation to run the plugin was asked. After that opening my total commander doesn't have the secure FTP folder in the network neighbourhood. I am using Total commander 7.03 on window xp.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

You mean you double click on the plugin file sftp.wfx?
Umad

Post by *Umad »

Yes, double clicking the pulgin file.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Plugins aren't used like that. First you have to install the plugin into Total Commander - either by double clicking on the plugin archive and following the instructions, or manually via Configuration - Options - Plugins - Configure - Add.

Then file system plugins are used by going to the network neightborhood in Total Commander (drive "\") and double clicking on the plugin name.