Office2007wlx 0.0.4

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Michael Diegelmann
You're absolutely right about both mentioned issues.

Office2007.wlx was written for quick Office files lookup, so no formatting options or word wrap were taken into consideration. Just very basic preview before launching more advanced tools.

Despite that I think I can manage to find some time to look on these soon.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Michael Diegelmann

Post by *Michael Diegelmann »

To Karol Kaminski:

Thank you for your quick response! Fixing the somewhat annoying word wrap problem shouldn't be overly difficult. Naively I would assume that all you have to do is to set the boolean WordWrap property of your RichEdit to 'true'. (This should work at least with the Borland/Embarcadero RAD tools. I'm not sure about Microsoft Visual C++ which you obviously use.)

The hyphenation bug on the other side is definitely not a top of the agenda issue. So take your time.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

OK, I am at dead end :(
Does anyone know how to change RichEdit style (add/remove WS_HSCROLL) at runtime? All I can find are posts saying it's not possible.

I was also trying to remove current control and recreate it but lister freezes. I am thinking about not using single RE but Panel with it inside. Is it the only way?

2Michael Diegelmann
For time being you will need to set WordWrap to true before loading Office 2007 documents - it seems to work fine this way (at least for me).
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Michael Diegelmann

Post by *Michael Diegelmann »

fenix_productions wrote: ... Does anyone know how to change RichEdit style (add/remove WS_HSCROLL) at runtime? All I can find are posts saying it's not possible.
Answer: I have sent you an e-mail on a possible way out of of this problem.
fenix_productions wrote: For the time being you will need to set WordWrap to true before loading Office 2007 documents - it seems to work fine this way (at least for me).
Answer: I have tried your workaround - and it really worked (strange ???!)
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Hello Fenix

long time ago we discussed the display of user-defined-file-properties in Word etc.

Do you have any plans to implement it?

Regards

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

fenix_productions
Are sources for 0.6.2 available? I'd like to try to build the plugin for 64-bit, but only I could find only 0.0.4 sources.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

@Flint
I've uploaded them here:
http://cid-e12762cbdafb3c47.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/TC/

Will you also convert WDXContains or CommentsWDX plugins?
The second one might be useful with Samuel's QuickSearch…

- - - - - - -
I have also added few smaller "projects" I had on my home PC:

1. sla_wdx_src.zip
Scribus application files check (*.sla are XMLs - most code taken from Office2007WDX)

2. ConverterWLX_src.zip (c++) with FontConverter (c#)
WLX just calls FontConverter and takes font preview image created by it to show as thumbnail.

3. PDNplugin_src.zip
Thumbnails for Paint.NET images.

All were very useful for me but I think I've never put them online.
But while #1 & #2 behaved pretty well, third one is crashy sometimes.

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

fenix_productions wrote:I've uploaded them here:
Thanks!
fenix_productions wrote:Will you also convert WDXContains or CommentsWDX plugins?
If I have some free time I'll take a look at them, but I cannot promise. Frankly, the only reason I started working on porting your plugins is that some user on the Russian forum asked me, and these ones are not in his list.

Maybe you should try to port them yourself. For testing you could use a virtual machine with a 64-bit guest operating system installed, it can be done even with 32-bit host OS.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

The 64-bit version is available at totalcmd.net. Also some minor fixes were introduced.

Download links:
x32+x64 / mirror (224 Kb)
sources / mirror (95 Kb)

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Flint

It is a little confusing that the totalcmd.net page says that it is version 0.0.3.1 but the file name, the ReadMe.txt file and the file info inside the .wlx says version 0.0.6.3.

The used version number (0.0.3.1) on the totalcmd.net page also means that the plugin cannot be updated using Total Updater ;-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

petermad wrote:It is a little confusing that the totalcmd.net page says that it is version 0.0.3.1
Didn't you confuse the wdx and wlx plugins? Office2007wdx has version 0.0.3.1, and this version is specified both on the plugin page and in the downloaded file. Office2007wlx has version 0.0.6.3, also both on the plugin page and file name, readmes, etc. I checked this when publishing the plugin, and re-checked this now, but I don't see any problem.

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Flint

Sorry,you are right about the about me confusing the version number for the wdx and the wlx plugin on totalcmd.net. :oops:

The reason that Total Updater doesn't find the new update for the wlx is that Total Updater looks for updates at http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/office2007wlx.html in stead of http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/office2007wlx_64.html - I'll report this to the author of Total Updater.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

petermad wrote:The reason that Total Updater doesn't find the new update for the wlx is that Total Updater looks for updates at http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/office2007wlx.html in stead of http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/office2007wlx_64.html
Hmm… I didn't think about such usecase. :( However, it's not right to reassign an existing plugin from some author to myself just because I recompiled it. Unless, of course, the author clearly stated that he/she is dropping the development completely, but this is not the case here.

Probably, it can be solved by hardcoding the list of "interchangeable" plugins either inside TotalUpdater, or in totalcmd.net database. However, I'm not sure about the format and possible ambiguities of whether some plugin may be treated as a replacement for another plugin…

mikusfact

Post by *mikusfact »

Hi, nice work on this plugin, used a lot for cleaning old files, Im wondering if would work for office 2010/2013 files, is there any difference?