TC7.50b3: CTRL+T does not work in QuickView window

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

TC7.50b3: CTRL+T does not work in QuickView window

Post by *wanderer »

- Quickview a file (CTRL+Q).
- Click inside the quickview panel to make it active.
- Press CTRL+T. A new tab should open but instead nothing happens. If however you doubleclick in the free space in the tabs bar, a new tab is opened. This behavior also exists in v7.04a.

Tests performed under WinXP-SP3 (32bit).
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Confirmed
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, TC does not support quick view panels open in Tabs. So a quick view panel replaces the tabs. When you click on a tab, quick view will be closed. I don't currently plan to change this because Lister plugins may already by using Ctrl+T for their own purposes.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sorry, TC does not support quick view panels open in Tabs. So a quick view panel replaces the tabs. When you click on a tab, quick view will be closed.
:shock: Doubleclicking in the tabbar though does open a new tab in the quickview's underlying folder. I just thought CTRL+T should do the same thing: close the quickview and open a new tab.
ghisler(Author) wrote:I don't currently plan to change this because Lister plugins may already by using Ctrl+T for their own purposes.
Anyway, since there's that parameter too, i guess it's better to leave it as is now.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.