Ftp deletion no progress percentage

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

xelajd

Ftp deletion no progress percentage

Post by *xelajd »

When deleting many folders via ftp (each folder has only about 10 files, 5 kb total) the progress bar counts fine, but the percentage keeps saying 0%

Screenshot:
web: img401(DOT)imageshack(DOT)us/img401/4889/tcmdr750b6ftperr.jpg
xelajd

Post by *xelajd »

It also appears when folders are complety empty, but with folders with a lot of content, it refreshes the status % (the number after the progress bar) after each deleted folder...

xelajd

Post by *xelajd »

Sorry for all my replies, it looks like it's the same problem on many small files:
Subdomain: img267
Host: imageshack
Tld: us
Path: /img267/3150/tcmdr750b6ftperr2.jpg

But suddently theres displayed a percentage, I don't know if it's because of the cpu usage for deleting the files or some priority of what it should refresh and display first...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your report, I will try to reproduce it. So far I have never seen this problem.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
xelajd

Post by *xelajd »

One thing that i noticed (ye sorry for spreading this problem to so many posts), is that if total commander waits for an input, lige confirming deletion of a folder with files inside, it has cpu-time to update the percentage, so my guess is that the computer is more busy with deleting files, than updating the progress bar.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Not only file removing at FTP shows incorrect percent scale. I had moved 10k files (each 1024 bytes in size, I had selected it all in one panel) - and percent of complete WAS 0 % during the whole operation! There is a bug somewhere. (I had copied files _in background_)

Also it is interesting: does each file add some percent to total progress when 0 byte size files are moved by TC? If no, I think each file should be counted as it's size + N bytes (because OS need to copy some N bytes for file copy), this will allow to show correct progress in the case of large ammount of small-sized files.
ado

Post by *ado »

yep - for FTP there is only one progress bar for multiple files and that one is showing progress of the currently copied file. There is no overall progress bar. Therefore you saw for whole time just 0% - I'd say to "initialize" transfer of each file is most time consuming operation and copy of such small file takes just fraction of that time, so it looks still like 0%.
On another side, this is not new problem, I'd say it is there since introduction of FTP in TC

ado
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I could reproduce the problem with a very fast server (on local system). It seems that my callback function isn't called when the ftp operation finishes very quickly. I will add some code to handle that.
xelajd

Post by *xelajd »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I could reproduce the problem with a very fast server (on local system). It seems that my callback function isn't called when the ftp operation finishes very quickly. I will add some code to handle that.
Yes, its a local server here aswell, and it sounds good :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The thread starter xelajd has confirmed the bugfix, thanks very much!