[TC Tool] TC Script Editor

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

djk wrote:I don't know what happened. It worked ok but now every time I try to run it, it tells me: "Could not locate Total Commanders executeable file, please locate it in the INI file".
What should I type and where, in TCScript.ini ?
The "please locate it in the INI file" were not meant to be there, it's just a leftover from the Color preset program since I copy/pasted the routine.

To avoid the message, just add the name "TotalCmdExe" under the "General" section, and set its value to the complete path to TOTALCMD.EXE.
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2Aezay
Thanks, I added: TotalCmdExe=D:\Totalcmd and... it works :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

The all-new-and-sorted totalcmd.inc (which is really cool IMHO) causes a problem in execution on TCScriptEditor if copied in its directory. The new entries to clarify the individual sections are the problem. You should update Aezay TCScriptEditor to either ignore those entries or find a way to display them in the list but of course disable the insertion on them since they are not functional internal commands but visual organisation tags.

There are no new internal commands on the new .inc file but from now on I think will be seeing this format when additions are available.

Here is the file for those that do not want to risk installing a beta version: totalcmd.inc

Oh, another bug I've located is that the status bar is not updated if you remove lines with the Delete button instead of Backspace. So you can end up let's say having 4 lines and the status bar could read 7. Of course if you perform an action the status bar is automatically updated.

Can we also have the info included within the file AzScript.txt somehow displayed with an option in the help menu? It's not practical to go back and forth from using TCScriptEditor to viewing AzScript.txt.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Panos
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

pdavit wrote:The all-new-and-sorted totalcmd.inc (which is really cool IMHO) causes a problem in execution on TCScriptEditor if copied in its directory. The new entries to clarify the individual sections are the problem. You should update Aezay TCScriptEditor to either ignore those entries or find a way to display them in the list but of course disable the insertion on them since they are not functional internal commands but visual organisation tags.
pdavit wrote:Oh, another bug I've located is that the status bar is not updated if you remove lines with the Delete button instead of Backspace. So you can end up let's say having 4 lines and the status bar could read 7. Of course if you perform an action the status bar is automatically updated.
These two bugs has been fixed, thanks for reporting them.
pdavit wrote:Can we also have the info included within the file AzScript.txt somehow displayed with an option in the help menu? It's not practical to go back and forth from using TCScriptEditor to viewing AzScript.txt.
I will properly add something to make it easier to look up each command. Maybe something where you pressed F3, it would show the parameter info for the selected command.
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Thanks! Can't wait for the new version! ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

Any chance we'll see the corrections you mentioned Aezay on your last post on a new version?

It's almost two months since I reported them and since you reported on fixing them but still the last version (1.02) does not include the corrections! :(

Thanks for this wonderful tool!

PS: Any feedback on: "I will properly add something to make it easier to look up each command. Maybe something where you pressed F3, it would show the parameter info for the selected command." ?
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

I'm glad to see that you're still interrested.

Just call me lazy, but the thing is that I rarely program anymore. The reason for has been many things, but right now I'm kind of hooked on this game: Star Wars Galaxies.

As my host just reinstalled the entire system, I dont have ftp access, so i cant upload it now, but once he creates a user for me I'll do it. Please bump this topic if I havent done it in a week or so, my memory is like a swiss cheese when it comes to remembering the things I need to do.
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

Lazy Aezay :wink:

Check the first post for a link to the new v1.03 build 183
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

Cool! Been looking forward to an update to this tool.
license #76904
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

Aezay wrote:Lazy Aezay :wink:

Check the first post for a link to the new v1.03 build 183
Thanks for the new version and thanks for acknowledging me! ;)
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

None of the links on the 1st page seem to work. :(
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

robinsiebler wrote:None of the links on the 1st page seem to work. :(
Thats odd, the others didnt seem to have any troubles downloading it. Can you access my homepage?
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2Aezay
Big thanks for making it possible to change the colours :-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

I was able to get there today.
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

SanskritFritz wrote:Big thanks for making it possible to change the colours :-)
You're welcome :wink:
robinsiebler wrote:I was able to get there today.
Thats good, wonder what was wrong before :?

Ohh and btw, try out v1.04 beta :D
Just install to the same directory and overwrite the current files.