SendTo @ fsquirt.exe not working

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Krinya

SendTo @ fsquirt.exe not working

Post by *Krinya »

So, my problem is that the SendTo menu in TC (using both 7.50a, or 7.55RC2) does not working to fsquirt.exe (General Bluetooth File transfer file), but interesting because, it is the only file not working in it. It returns the file cannot be found error. From explorer, it works perfectly, but not in TC. If I locate manually the file (generally in /Windows/System32/), and simply run it, it works too.
I have Win7 64-bit Home Premium (Hungarian).
It's only my PC, or this is a TC bug?
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Krinya.

Total Commander is a 32-bit application. You are using a 64-bit Windows version. fsquirt.exe is a 64-bit application.

Inside Total Commander you have to go to the X64 submenu of the context menu in order to find the 64-bit context menu entries.

Your Explorer is a 64-bit application and will offer the 64-bit context menu entries directly, unless you launch the 32-bit Explorer version explicitly. In this case the 64-bit applications will be missing from the context menu completely.

Please, use the forum search function in order to find more details on this topic. It has been reported and discussed several times before.

Kind regards,
Karl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Normally SendTo should work - I guess that the program which you try to launch is in System32, though. You can try to change its link or registry entry to SysNative, this should work for both 32-bit and 64-bit programs.

It may be a bit tricky to find - first, you should look in
c:\users\Default User\SendTo\
and
c:\users\<yourname>\SendTo\
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Krinya

Post by *Krinya »

Thank you, editing the link solved the problem.
MarianD

Post by *MarianD »

Editing the link to Sysnative probably solved you problem only temporary - after restarting Windows 64-bit operating system automatically deletes aliases to 32-bit applications from the folder SendTo.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try to change the user rights of the file (and maybe also of the folder) to make it read only.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MarianD

Post by *MarianD »

Thank you for your simple solution, making the file (the alias for C:\Windows\Sysnative\fsquirt.exe in the SendTo directory) read-only helped.