[Bug]? add subbar cann't work correctly in some dir

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Csharp

[Bug]? add subbar cann't work correctly in some dir

Post by *Csharp »

When I Add Subbar(MyFolder.bar) in Buttonbar, if the subbar want create under directory like "D:\TotalCMD.6.01\TB\", the subbar location and name will changed to "D:\TotalCMD.6.Bar"
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Confirmed.
This problem occurs when the name entered for the file name of the subbar does not contain a dot, while the folder name does contain a dot.

A 100% bug I would say.

Work around: while entering the file name of the subbar in Total Commander include a dot and a random extension in the file name.
Clo

Re: [Bug]? add subbar cann't work correctly in some dir

Post by *Clo »

Csharp wrote:When I Add Subbar(MyFolder.bar) in Buttonbar, if the subbar want create under directory like "D:\TotalCMD.6.01\TB", the subbar location and name will changed to "D:\TotalCMD.6.Bar"
:D Hello!
Normally, the original location of bar-files is in the TC dir. itself...
I'm not very astonished by this strange behaviour of TC about button-bars...
I'had too other problems, please watch:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2702
from which there is another link to another topic.
:cry: Unfortunately, I got none reply from the Author yet... I suppose there is a fault somewhere in this feature in the new 6.0x versions...
I think to add notes about this installation of extra-bars in the Help, if Ch. Ghisler accepts... At least, in the future English Tutorial update
(I'm the French translator and Tutorials compiler...)
Glad to hear more about this,
:) friendly regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Csharp

Post by *Csharp »

Csharp wrote:When I Add Subbar(MyFolder.bar) in Buttonbar, if the subbar want create under directory like "D:\TotalCMD.6.01\TB", the subbar location and name will changed to "D:\TotalCMD.6.Bar"
Test again:

if create subbar with ext name ( tweak.bar), the work correctly
if create subbar without ext name (tweak), the work doesn't correctly

:)
Csharp

Post by *Csharp »

Csharp wrote:
Test again:

if create subbar with extension( tweak.bar), the work correctly
if create subbar without extension(tweak), the work doesn't correctly

:)

Test again and again :D
If Total Commander Install into a Directory with extension(Like C:\Total.CMD, D:\TotalCMD.6,D:\TotalCMD.5), when Add Subbar into Buttonbar without extension(Tweak) and put this directory(C:\Total.CMD), this bug then appear. but work correctly with extension(tweak.bar).
Clo

Post by *Clo »

Csharp wrote: ....

Test again and again :D
If Total Commander Install into a Directory with extension(Like C:\Total.CMD, D:\TotalCMD.6,D:\TotalCMD.5), when Add Subbar into Buttonbar without extension(Tweak) and put this directory(C:\Total.CMD), this bug then appear. but work correctly with extension(tweak.bar).
:D Glad to hear that you found the cause! I use rather "Total-CMD"...
But, like you saw perhaps, even "correct" name / path can cause problems when you want to impose a bar-file already created... Did you test large icons {under Win 98 } ?
friendly,
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials