Total Commander Edit Redirector

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

brch
Why not read a couple of the latest messages in the thread before posting? yjwself reports about this problem, and I reply how to fix it. Then sidefx88 complains about exactly the same issue. And now you tell about this bug too, not even trying to look up and see that it has already been reported twice, and replied to.

Is it really so much easier to write and wait for a reply than to read the same reply already given above (though not to you personally, I admit)? :? Hence my quote from an old joke about a beginning writer.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ate

Post by *ate »

@Flint: First of all, thanks for this nice and fast tool.

My question: Is there a way to batch the extensions in a shorter way?

Now:
png=MSPaint
bmp=MSPaint
jpg=MSPaint

My wish:
png, jpg, bmp=MSPaint

And a second wish ... What do you thing about a fallback option with the DefaultProgram? For example, if the the selected editor is wrong ... take the default editor (not only for undefined extensions).

And sorry, I'm afraid my English is a bit rusty. Nevertheless, I hope, you'll understand me.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ate wrote:My wish:
png, jpg, bmp=MSPaint
There is a test build with this function implemented: x32, x64, Sources
I built it by request of another user but did not integrate the changes into the main development branch because I'm not sure about its performance impact (and I didn't have time to make measurements yet).

PS: In the configuration file suitable for this build, there must be no spaces between extensions in the list. That is, instead of
png, jpg, bmp=MSPaint
you must write:
png,jpg,bmp=MSPaint
ate wrote:What do you thing about a fallback option with the DefaultProgram? For example, if the the selected editor is wrong ... take the default editor (not only for undefined extensions).
I don't think it's a good idea. Normally, editors perform different actions: text editor for text files, image editor for image files, etc. And if you happened to have one of the editors unavailable, it's unlikely that the default editor will be able to do its job instead. It must be some strange universal application which can work with anything, but of all the programs I know of, only hexadecimal editors can be used for opening an arbitrary file. However, editing a picture in a hex editor would be a tough job!
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

buzzlightyear

Post by *buzzlightyear »

May I ask for a small modification to tcer?

I'd like to use it to edit MP3 tags of audio files with Mp3tag. The command line should like this:

Code: Select all

Mp3tag.exe /fp:"<filename>"
Note that there's no space between the /fp: and the path name. Therefore I can't use

CommandLineArgs=/fp:
because this will standon its own (with a space in between) before the file name and produce an error. I also can't just leave out the /fp: because the default mp3tag parameter is /fn: which means it will only open the selected file(s), not all files in the directory.

Another real fantastic extension would be if it was possible to pass the name of the directory where the selected file resides in instead of the file's name. Some option that removes the files name from the path like

PassDir=1
While this is not needed for Mp3tag, there are other tools that do no silently strip the file name and raise an error instead. Thank you for considering this.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

buzzlightyear
Concerning the first suggestion: it's already in my to-do list to implement a %1 parameter to specify the file path position in a command line. However, I'm very busy for the time being and cannot tell when I will be able to implement it.

About the second suggestion (PassDir), frankly, I don't feel very enthusiastic. In my opinion it will be too counter-intuitive if for some files F4 would open these files, and for the others — the directory. Besides, if you need to pass a directory, it looks more logical to operate on the directory itself, not on some file inside it. Of course, F4 for directories is not supported in TC, but you can create a button or custom EM command and assign a hotkey for it.

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Simplest batch file can strip filename from path:

@echo off
start "" "MyFavoriteProgram.exe" "%~dp1"
Also, batch file allows working with Mp3tag-like apps:

@echo off
start "" "Mp3tag.exe" /fp:"%~1"
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Version 1.4.0.0:
  • Added support for multiple extensions in one line.
  • Added support for starting by F4 from the Find Files dialog.
  • Support all values of the GetTextMode parameter in wincmd.ini.
  • Fixed: Paths to files in disk root looked like c:\\file.ext (some applications fail to open such paths).
Links:
32-bit version (24 Kb) / mirror
32-bit no-SSE version (24 Kb) / mirror (for old processors)
64-bit version (26 Kb) / mirror
Source code (C++) (48 Kb) / mirror / repository

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hi Flint,

thank you for sharing this great tool, I'm using it since many years. Can you please describe in more detail what "
· Added support for multiple extensions in one line"
is refering to?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

deus-ex
See this post and my reply. In 1.4 I integrated the change into the main code base.

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hi Flint,

alright, that makes sense. I had been using the v1.3.0.1 release previously and was not aware that this was a test build only feature.
ate

Post by *ate »

@Flint

Thank you for the new version of this fine tool.
magz

Post by *magz »

I like this launcher, just started trying it out now but I have a issue;
in my prefered view "Full view" (Ctrl+F2) I get this error message when launching TCER from Edit: Image: https://picload.org/image/rlcwgpcl/tc_er.jpg
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Post your TCER.ini file please, so we may be able to assist.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

magz
Please, specify:
1. what version of TC you are using (including bitness);
2. what version of TCER (also, including bitness);
3. version of Windows;
4. the value of GetTextMode key in your wincmd.ini (if it is specified there).

magz

Post by *magz »

deus-ex wrote:Post your TCER.ini file please, so we may be able to assist.
It doesn't seem to be due to the .ini, I get the error even with the provided tcer.sample.ini (when renamed to tcer.ini).
Flint wrote:Please, specify:
1. what version of TC you are using (including bitness);
2. what version of TCER (also, including bitness);
I have the edit button set up like this:
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\TCER\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%\tcer.exe

So on my system that is refering to both these files:
C:\totalcmd\Tools\TCER\X86\tcer.exe
C:\totalcmd\Tools\TCER\AMD64\tcer.exe

So when I run the 32 bit version of Total Commander the 32 bit version of tcer gets run, and within the 64 bit version of Total Commander the 64 bit version of tcer.exe gets run.
Flint wrote:3. version of Windows;
Win 10 (enterprise edition) x64, english language
Flint wrote:4. the value of GetTextMode key in your wincmd.ini (if it is specified there).
The GetTextMode key doesn't seem to be specified in my wincmd.ini