Directory comparison displays bad @ vertical resolution 2560

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

galinaN

Directory comparison displays bad @ vertical resolution 2560

Post by *galinaN »

On a 2560x1600 display used in the portrait mode (1600x2560), the bottom of the directory synchronization list displays "leftovers" from the previous operation. This happens only if the number of different files is small enough not to cover the whole screen.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Can you try to use the compare tool not in full screen mode? What's the maximum size where it still works then?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
galinaN

Post by *galinaN »

1. It has the cut at around size of 2000. If I resize to a smaller size, it hides the problem area, but it is there, and you can scroll to see it anyway.

2. I have few pairs of directories. Some are with a lot of different files (no problem). Another are the ones that fall into this problem area around 2000. Finally, there are directory pairs that are not that different, and need only 900-1000 to display all the different names (displays w/o a problem as well!!)

3. I tried to change the file/dialog windows font sizes to bring these no-problem pairs of 3rd kind so that it is about the same size as the problem ones. I applied sizes from the default 8 all the way to 26. Surprisingly, no luck ==/, keeps showing OK.

4. FYI: By changing these font sizes, wincmd window got severely screwed.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

OK, I will check my sources to find out whether there is such a limit somewhere. I don't have such a large screen, so I cannot test it myself. Unfortunately it's too late for TC 7.56a now, so I will postpone it to TC 8 (or maybe 7.57).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com