Joined: 15 Jan 2009
|Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:12 am Post subject: [Request] auto fill/correct file names when renaming
I want to scann all my private documents to get a "paperless home".
As suggested in this (german) blog, I will name my documents files like this:
"20170331 Bank Sparkasse Kontoauszug.pdf"
To prevent typos and make writing the filename easier I was wondering if there is a plugin that could help me.
Maybe I would even consider developing a new plug-in myself . (never done this)
My idea would be like this:
- (manually) create a text file (like ".keywords") with all the keywords I want to use
- add new keywords to the list automatically
- use a variable like "%d" for the current date
- Maybe save the last used date in another variable ("%l")
- When renaming a file, I want o start typing and then the plugin should list all keywords that beginn with the letters I typed. (like auto correct)
I created a mockup:
Does something like this already exists?
Any Plugin that could be used for something like this?
Is this even possible to achieve with total commander?