Converting plugins to 64-bit - reward

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

speller2

Post by *speller2 »

Christian, can you explain the last point about some criterias of negotiation of the reward? For example, you said 100$ for plugin which was just recompiled with few tweaks. But, what if plugin has not so much functionality, but was fully rewritten and even enhanced? 100$ too, or some higher? Think, all developers want to know how you asses the maning, demand and difficulty and how you asses the approximate reward level?
speller2

Post by *speller2 »

As an example and start point, can you write approximate reward for rewriting the CPL plugin and the ProcFS plugin?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's a difficult question. Let me see: The CPL plugin is relatively simple, and duplicates functionality (accessing the control panel as a virtual folder in TC). It's also not very popular. I would say $150-$200. The ProcFS plugin is very useful, in fact I use it myself. It's also quite a bit more complex, and has 3 times as many downloads. So I think that $400-$500 would be appropriate for a complete rewrite. But as I wrote, this is a question of negotiation, there is no scheme which can be used to calculate the reward.

Please keep in mind that this is just a reward, not a payment for developing something for us! You write it mainly for the TC community.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author) wrote:2. The author needs to put it on Totalcmd.net, give it a similar name as the old unsupported plugin, and send me the link
Just in case somebody does not know (and does not see the corresponding link in the totalcmd.net's main menu), to publish a plugin at totalcmd.net the author needs an account. To create one, please, consult with the page Submit a Plugin.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Converting plugins to 64-bit - reward

Post by *deus-ex »

Due to some interest of my own, I checked the plugin writers' guides today. To my surprise I found them all to be still provided in the outdated HLP-format, which isn't natively supported anymore on current Windows systems and thus not easily accessible. So I extracted the RTF-files from the HLP-files and converted them to PDF.
Last edited by deus-ex on 2021-01-20, 23:34 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

All plugin guides on the Plugins page are in CHM format.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Thanks for pointing this out. I did not expect the guides to be hidden among the plugins themselves, especially not each at the very end of its related plugins section, but rather placed prominently either in a separate section or together at the top of the plugins page. Therefore I did not find them previously.

I like to keep the RTF/PDF documents in addition as they allow for quick and easy browsing of the entire content of the guide.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where did you find them in HLP format?
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hello Christian,

so to speak, they are prominently right under your nose. Check here and over here. :wink:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Updated, thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin