Swiping between panels

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

marinto

Swiping between panels

Post by *marinto »

First of all i'm very happy to see TC on my Android Device. It's the best File Manager for Android i have used so far. The only thing i can complain about is the swiping gesture that doesn't work as good as in other Apps. It's not that easy to swipe from one panel to another with one hand, because i have to swipe over the whole screen to change the panel. For my liking it should behave like the swiping between two homescreens.

Btw: I'm running ICS 4.03 on a Galaxy Nexus Device

All the best and thanks for the great app!
damjang

Post by *damjang »

I don't know if 4.0.3 work different, but on my SGS2 with 2.3.5 work ok (for me). Another option to swap panels is to only tap to the arrows and the panels swap...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You need to swipe about half the screen width to swap the panels. This should make sure that you don't swap panels by accident, e.g. when trying to scroll the list. If you use a tablet, you may choose to show two panels side by side also in vertical view.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
marinto

Post by *marinto »

It may be no issue for smaller screen, but on the galaxy nexus screen it's quite hard to swipe with one hand. Take the google+ app as an example. It's easy to swipe and to scroll without accidently swiping to the next screen
DuMOHsmol

Post by *DuMOHsmol »

I've got a similar problem on SE Xperia Mini Pro. It's easy to swipe from the middle of screen, but if I try from the right side it often doesn't work. Sometimes I also can't scroll down, because it thinks I want to change panel.
Aleq

Post by *Aleq »

+1 to marinto's first post - I love TC for Android, I just came here to ask for gesture improvement.

I believe the best scrolling/gesture implementation (user friendliness) is in Launcher Pro (for instance). It reflects not only the size/length of a gesture, but also the speed. If you swipe slowly, you need to swipe across more then a half of the screen. If you swipe very quickly, you can do it only on a very small portion of the screen.

It would be very nice, if you could consider this.

Thanks for good work
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Just tap on the button with the 3 arrows instead if swiping is too difficult.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Chromejob

Post by *Chromejob »

I find I can swipe by grabbing the 3-arrow bar from the side. But I also click the button.

Of course, the author makes a nice adjustment to landscape orientation, too! Just turn your device on its side.
// TC Android on HTC Amaze 4G (ICS) / TC PPC on Casio E-125 PocketPC //
KC_

Post by *KC_ »

Not a big deal right now, but I'd like to put my support for the suggestion above as well. I'm on a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro with a tiny screen, which means I work on Tc on single panel mode all the time (landscape or portrait).

Being able to switch through either panels through a short swipe does sound more convenient.

Thanks
# 251045
Total Commander 10.5 64bit