Bug? In Icon Cache

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

In 7.0 ?

Post by *Clo »

2icfu
:) Hello Jeff !
¤ It's true, that problem isn't reproducible; like I said here already, I never saw it… I don't understand why the Author doesn't implement the "Reload icon-cache" as an internal command; all requests till today were "preaching in the desert".
* Maybe finally you'll get it in the 7.0 version ? :lol:

:mrgreen: Friendly regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-07-18, 19:15 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@ice-nine
I am aware that you do not need TweakTC to tweak TC.
Of course you are but you have sounded like TweakTC could do some magic tricks on the icon bug... :)
Have you used the program?
If you have not, your criticism is unfounded and meaningless to me.
If you have, I appreciate your feedback.
I have even told you what TweakTC does when you activate "Load icons [...] separate thread":
IconsInThread=1

I have set "IconsInThread=1" for a long time already and therefore it's completely useless for me to use TweakTC to do it once again. ;)

TweakTC is still installed here to quickly change icondlls for example but as it is not updated anymore, last version is from 11/2003, it doesn't cover all the new hidden settings from TC > 6.01.

Here is the german thread I mentioned, you see that I know what I am talking about:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=4215

Ghisler has taken the time to try to "reproduce the bug" but wasn't successful. My efforts to help him to solve the problem were useless, he hasn't answered to my last posting requesting an "icon cache reload function" so I have given up on that matter. He prefers to ignore it, I have to live with it.

@Clo:
Maybe finally you'll get it in the 7.0 version
Germany will win another world championship in soccer before that bug will be fixed. Hope dies last. ;)
I never saw it…
Look at the screenshot I have posted, then you'll at least have a chance to see what all the fuss is about. :)

Screenshot

Icfu
Last edited by icfu on 2004-07-18, 18:00 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
This account is for sale
ice-nine

wincmd.ini

Post by *ice-nine »

I looked at wincmd.ini and I did not see the [IconsInThread=1] setting anywhere. TweakTC must be setting some other switch in the ini file. I am not sure what it might be, but I appreciate your feedback.
The world owes you nothing but a grave.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

IconsInThread=1 is the default setting and therefore TweakTC deletes it. You see the entry appear when you uncheck:
IconsInThread=0

Icfu
This account is for sale
ice-nine

Post by *ice-nine »

icfu,

Thanks for the explaination of the [IconsInThread=1] switch.

I guess all I can say is that I am glad that TweakTC solves the problems on my end. It is just too bad that it is not working for some of the other forum members.

P.S.

I am quite famililar with the icon problem, and have myself asked ghisler to implement an option that executes the [File | Associate With] function on TC start. I took a look at your screenshot and the image was all too familiar.
The world owes you nothing but a grave.