Has Jelly Bean Broken TC/Android?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Phred

Has Jelly Bean Broken TC/Android?

Post by *Phred »

This new Transformer here was auto-updated with Jelly Bean the other night, and now I seem to think that TC/A has changed
I could have sworn there was a line of controls above the file panels - a few icons, the 'menu' set of lines in one, and some means of finding Search - but there's nothing there now. The only way I could work out to get a Search function was to create a new icon and find the internal command for it. That's not my recollection of howI I did it before.
But Settings? Is that an internal command too?
Changed?

(Edit. Okay, 'broken' may be too strong a word. 'Affected', perhaps.)

I need to add, there don't seem to be graphics that show the complete appearance of TC/A. The ones I've found are close-ups of particular features.
If TC/A's ready for promotion, maybe a full graphic on the Android page would help.
Regards, PhredE
Licence holder since 1999
Awaiting a $D donors-token for the title-bar so we can display that we have donated further.
TheByteSmasher

Re: Has Jelly Bean Broken TC/Android?

Post by *TheByteSmasher »

Phred wrote:This new Transformer here was auto-updated with Jelly Bean the other night, and now I seem to think that TC/A has changed
I could have sworn there was a line of controls above the file panels - a few icons, the 'menu' set of lines in one, and some means of finding Search - but there's nothing there now. The only way I could work out to get a Search function was to create a new icon and find the internal command for it. That's not my recollection of howI I did it before.
But Settings? Is that an internal command too?
Changed?

(Edit. Okay, 'broken' may be too strong a word. 'Affected', perhaps.)

I need to add, there don't seem to be graphics that show the complete appearance of TC/A. The ones I've found are close-ups of particular features.
If TC/A's ready for promotion, maybe a full graphic on the Android page would help.
I have a nexus 7, born on JB and the row of buttons are there for me. Have you tried un/re installing?
Phred

Reinstall

Post by *Phred »

That seems to have done the trick. Reinstallation has put everything back the way I remembered it.
There's a set of icons alone the top , being - History, Bookmarks, Search, Close and Menu/Options. We must find a place for a graphic.
The uninstall process needed a bit of thinking. A tap down in the bottom corner \ brings up the ... 'System box'(?), and in there is the cog-wheel for settings. Down on the left in the list is an item Apps. Choose that, roll down to Total Commander, select that, and on the right of the screen is a button for Uninstall.
HTH

The evidence is that an over-the-top installation would have worked too. Activate the .apk (Android package?) in Downloads and it talks about replacing an installed app. I expect that's kosher.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You might have set the "full screen" option before updating - then the upper bar isn't shown. When you choose this option now, TC will add a menu button to its toolbar. But this is done only on devices with Android 3 and newer. From which version of Android did you upgrade?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com