[Possible bug] File size in exFAT partitions

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

The_Steph

[Possible bug] File size in exFAT partitions

Post by *The_Steph »

Hi,

Currently testing exFAT support on my android device (Samsung Note II) sdcard, I jus realised that a 5.7 GB file transferred using Android ADB plugin (http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=34980&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) is seen as a 1.4 GB file on my mobile when using TC for Android 2.01. I tested the file (an MKV movie) and it is complete (seen in TC for Windows, file has the correct size).

How can I provide log to have this suspected bug corrected?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I do not have any exFAT-formatted disks, but I tried with the Nexus 7 and its internal memory: The file size is shown correctly in the file list, but not in the "properties" dialog box (because root functions are used, and don't currently support files > 4GB).

If it is shown incorrectly in the file list too, then you are either using Root functions to access the drive, or the exFAT driver isn't reporting the correct size, or the file wasn't transferred correctly by the ADB plugin. In my test, I packed the file with RAR and then unpacked it on the device to speed up the transfer. The ZIP packer doesn't currently support files >4GB.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
The_Steph

Post by *The_Steph »

Thanks for your answer, I will try to do some more tests using a different file explorer to see if it is system related or due to TC or root features as I did not alter the card I used yet (so same environment).

More info, when I randomly accessed the movie file, I had no issue at all, I don't think it has been corrupted whatsoever.

Last point, I am having second thoughts, I think I did not transfer the file using ADB plugin but Windows Explorer. After my initial tests, I will copy the file again using Windows Explorer, just to be sure.

Regarding Nexus7, I don't think internal memory is formatted in exFAT, I think it is in ext4.

More info to come later on that subject. I hope I do not disturb you for nothing :oops:

By the way, TC for Android is just awesome :D
The_Steph

Post by *The_Steph »

I finally found time to do more tests.

It appears that I may have had an issue with my sdcard so I reformatted it completely (no quick format stuff) and put the large file on it and magically everything worked as expected.

Sorry for all this mess.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Great, thanks for your feedback!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com