Total Updater 0.8.6.9 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@EricB:
Hi, thanks for your report. This problem only appears in the special case there are 16-bit / MS-DOS executables in one of TC's subdirs.
The bug has been 'introduced' in B4 version - the exact faulty line (besides me) is the following:

Code: Select all

* Change: extra check of the actual plugins & addons if they are valid PE files or not
I actually do this check of the files if they are valid PE (exe/dll) files or not, but accidentally commented out a single line of code, which should remove them from the internal array, in case they doesn't match the condition... doh. :oops: I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please try if it's working fine with the next B5 prerelease version (download)? I've been able to reproduce the issue some minutes after the release of the current version (thanks to the Spanish translator, Patxiku), and it should be fixed in B5pre.

Another workaround: Configuration / Do not automatically recognize & load external addons & utilities to the list (unchecking it & reloading the list / restarting TU should fix the problem using B4).

Edit: B5pre download link removed, public version is out.
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-02-18, 23:45 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

@Bluestar:

I can confirm that the AV does not occur anymore using the Beta5 Prerelease version. Well done!

Another thought:
In my TC plugins folder I've a Tools folder, which contains all kinds of tools that are used in conjunction with TC, like TcPlugman, TotalUpdater, TCExtDir, NTFSLinks etc. Most of those are retrieved from either totalcmd.net or the forum. It would be nice if those tools would also be automatically checked for updates.

Regards, EricB
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@EricB: Thanks for the test, glad it works fine for you too using B5pre. =)

The requested feature is ready in BETA5 (currently the "totalcmd\plugins" dir is "filtered out" to avoid double-loading the plugins etc), I just implemented such thing this morning (so unfortunately it can't be found yet in the prerelease version posted above):

Current changelog:
* New: You can manually set [Plugins] SecondaryPlgDir=c:\path\to\tcaddons to give external directories exact path
* New: You can manually set [Plugins] ForceSecondary=True if you'd like to use the given secondary path exclusively
* Fixed: error in case of 16-bit / MS-DOS executables (mainly the "Other addons" section is affected)
* Fixed: the Infobox fails to load the appropriate language after changing LNG runtime
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-02-18, 10:26 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

@Bluestar:

Eagerly awaiting the new version then :-)

BTW, I've asked the author of CloudWFX plugin if he could add version info into the WFX/WFX64, since I was confirming an error report anyway.
So far only 12 out of 112 of my installed plugins do not show version info in the header, which is not bad for a score.

Regards, EricB
Tichij

Post by *Tichij »

Hi Bluestar,

Could you add parsing of environment variables (I know I'm boring, but) for "[OverridePlugVer]" section too?.. :roll:
Thanks (again) for the tool.

Regards, Tichij
#49857 Personal licence
Windows 10 Pro 64bit. TC 10.51 32 + 64bit
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.7 Beta 5

The new Beta 5 version is mainly a bugfix release: it is aimed to fix critical issues regarding handling of MS-DOS / 16-bit executable files, though it also contains some new functions as well. The UserDB function has also been improved (now all of its functions should work properly). This version is the most stable release in the current history of Total Updater.

Update is strongly recommended!
(read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 19-02-2013 | MD5 (exe): f205ddabb4d4fdcce2af3d1431b034a3

Changelog:

* New: You can manually set [Plugins] SecondaryPlgDir=c:\path\to\tcaddons to give external directories exact path
* New: You can manually set [Plugins] ForceSecondary=True if you'd like to use the given secondary path exclusively
* Change: show "Save in UserDB" in the right-click popup menu in case Internal Plugin Database entry doesn't exists
* Change: the Infobox shows the current state of the actual item by checking it in the UserDB & Internal DB
* Change: added 5 new items to the Internal Plugin Database
* Fixed: error in case of 16-bit / MS-DOS executables (mainly the "Other addons" section is affected)
* Fixed: try to process already expanded envvars inside [OverridePlugVer] configuration section too
* Fixed: basic function fixes regarding the UserDB function (infodialog, visit site & downloading are working now)
* Fixed: the Infobox fails to load the appropriate language after changing LNG runtime
* Fixed: minor language & GUI related things
[/face]

@EricB: Thanks - it would be nice if all the developers would fill out / keep updating the items of the "VersionInfo" section... the updater could also work much faster & even more reliable this way. :) However in case of CloudWFX I think its not submitted to totalcmd.net yet (and i'm not sure if the author is planning to do it or not), which is a must-have condition for being able to search updates for it.

@Tichij: It's a nice idea (thanks!), and just got implemented in this latest version - could you please try it? Works fine for me using the following line for example:

[OverridePlugVer]
%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\wcx\CabWCX\CabWCX.wcx=2184204696|30.01.2010
@petermad: Could you please confirm that the utility works for you & loads all plugins with existing UseIniInProgramDir line in wincmd.ini? From BETA4 there shouldn't be any issues with it.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

@petermad: Could you please confirm that the utility works for you & loads all plugins with existing UseIniInProgramDir line in wincmd.ini? From BETA4 there shouldn't be any issues with it.
Sorry, this still doesn't work for me - have you tested with NO Ghisler information in Windows' Registry?

How is the feature "Comfirm updatable items as latest" supposed to work? - here it is always disabled.

There is an option to: "turn the database on / off" - but I cannot see any difference in the programs behaviour - is there currently any difference?
Last edited by petermad on 2013-02-19, 01:47 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Mh, thats interesting. I did some tests without existing Ghisler regkeys, going to check it again today...
petermad wrote:How is the feature "Comfirm updatable items as latest" supposed to work? - here it is always disabled.
It's always disabled in case there aren't any items in the list with "Update available!" note. In case there is at least one, you can click on it and Total Updater is going to save the actual file's CRC32 value & the version number of the latest version to be shown in the list (initially I used MD5 for this task, but switched back to CRC32 cause' its much faster). After you clicked on it, the marked (ticked) items will be saved in "TotalUpdater.ini", under the "OverridePlugVer" section.
petermad wrote:There is an option to: "turn the database on / off" - but I cannot see any difference in the programs behaviour - is there currently any difference?
Actually there is much difference: with Internal Plugin Database turned off, the program tries to guess the actual item's online identifier based on the filename.
E.g. there is a file called "IECache.wfx" - you'd think it's online ID is then simple "IECache", however its actually "msie_cache". When you turn off the database, TU won't be able to find new versions for such items at all (and there are a lot of similar items...).

This is the main reason I've introduced the "UserDB" function - using it, you can save custom items into your list by searching the online WEBID of your most important plugins, which can't be detected by the utility.
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-02-19, 01:49 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Actually there is much difference: with Internal Plugin Database turned off, the program tries to guess the actual item's online identifier (its not sure that it is going to find it).
E.g. there is a file called "IECache.wfx" - you'd think it's online ID is then simple "IECache", however its actually "msie_cache". When you turn off the database, TU won't be able to find new versions for such items at all (and there are a lot of similar items...).
Thanks for the explanation.

If I try to download 7zip 0.8.5.6 - it fails - I think it is because the download link at http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/7zip_plugin.html points to a page external to totalcmd.net: https://sites.google.com/site/dlleetw/7zip/wcx_7zip_0.7.6.5a.bin.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 where you have to click a second download link: https://sites.google.com/site/dlleetw/7zip/wcx_7zip_0.7.6.5a.bin.zip?attredirects=0

If I manually put https://sites.google.com/site/dlleetw/7zip/wcx_7zip_0.7.6.5a.bin.zip?attredirects=0 or just https://sites.google.com/site/dlleetw/7zip/wcx_7zip_0.7.6.5a.bin.zip in Total Updater's UserDB, it doesn't work either - it seems like Total Updater then uses this link: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/https://sites.google.com/site/dlleetw/7zip/wcx_7zip_0.7.6.5a.bin.zip.html Is the "WEB" field in the UserDB not supposed to give the link to the plugin archive?
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

UserDB's "WEB" field is strictly used for version info querying from totalcmd.net database, so this is not what you'd like to use it for in the above example - at the moment theres no way to give direct download URL's for each items in the software - you can double-click on a problematic item in the download list though, and it will open the browser with the correct page that leads to download (if the url exists).

A correctly filled UserDB entry - example: click here for the image.
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-02-19, 02:17 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Than's again for explanation.

For your information here is a list of those of my plugins, where I have either a newer version than the database, where I have the same version as the database, but my version is show as older (or newer), and finally items that I have which are not in the database.

7zip.wcx	0.7.6.5	0.7.6.5a	OK.
aes.wcx	0.6.3.397	0.6.3	OK.
blat.wcx	1.3.2.1	-	OK.
CHMDir.wcx	0.41.0.18	0.41	OK.
GraphicsConverter.wcx	1.9.0.824	-	OK.
Total7zip.wcx	0.8.5.6	-	OK.
complex.wfx	3.00	-	OK.
MAIL_WFX.WFX	1.0.0.0	0.99b6	OK.
wpdplug.wfx	0.7	-	OK.
PROCFS.wfx	5.5	2.0	OK.
TempPanel.wfx	1.0.0.82	-	OK.
VirtualPanel.wfx	2.0.7.1316	2.0.6.1264	OK.
wdx_Kon.wfx	0.5.1.0	-	OK.
wlx_eml.wlx	0.6.0.7	0.6	OK.
excellence.wlx	1.20.0.9	1.20	OK.
Font.wlx	0.9.1.0	0.08	OK.
HTMLView.wlx	1.2.6.0	1.1	OK.
ICLView.wlx	29.1.2013.0	29.1.2013	OK.
ImgView.wlx	1.0	2.0	OK.
jpegthumbs.wlx	1.3	-	OK.
listdoc.wlx	1.2	-	OK.
Office2007.wlx	0.0.6.2	0.0.4	OK.
swflst.wlx	2.0.0.1	-	OK.
swfll.wlx	1.5.0.13	1.5	OK.
SWFView.wlx	1.3.9.0	1.3.9	OK.
Syn2.wlx	4.7.0.0	4.8.780	OK.
tcCld.wlx	2.5.0.0	-	OK.
urlview.wlx	1.1.1.0	-	OK.
visualdirsize.wlx	1.3.0.160	1.2	OK.
CommentsWDX.wdx	0.0.1.0	-	OK.
DirDate.wdx	1.0.0.0	-	OK.
Directory.wdx	1.0.2.0	1.10	OK.
FileDesc.wdx	2.6.1.0	2.6.2	OK.
media.WDX	0.6.0.0	-	OK.
TextSearch.wdx	1.0.0.0	1.4.4	OK.
TotalSQX.wdx	2.0.0.0	2.1	OK.
exif.wdx	2.3	2.1	OK.
FileDateTime.wdx	2.0.7.1	2.07	OK.
Filename_ChrCount.wdx	1.04	-	OK.
ImgSize.wdx	2.0.2.1	2.02	OK.
xPDFSearch.wdx	1.0.7.0	1.07	OK.
Font.wlx	0.9.1.0	0.08	OK.
Syn.exe	4.7.0.0	1.5	OK.
ChoiceEditor.exe	1.9.0.5013	1.95c	OK.
tc extDir.exe	1.6.0.3	1.6	OK.
OpenFileTC.exe	1.8.6.43	1.8c	OK.
redate.exe	1.04	1.1.1	OK.
Plugman.exe	2.0.0.0	2.2.6a	OK.
TCmenu.exe	2.0.0.0	1.9	OK.
tcqsp.exe	2.5.0.0	2.4.3.675	OK.
If you are interested you can find the full list of all my plugins and addons at http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/dump.txt
License #524 (1994)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar
Have you considered including this section of totalcmd.net: http://www.totalcmd.net/directory/lang.html in Total Updater?

Does the intelligent version detection look into pluginst.inf ?
License #524 (1994)
Tichij

Post by *Tichij »

Bluestar wrote:@Tichij: It's a nice idea (thanks!), and just got implemented in this latest version - could you please try it?
Works fine for me too. Thanks.
#49857 Personal licence
frenky

Post by *frenky »

Nice tool, unfortunately it cannot download updated packages in my "proxyed" environment.
List is parsed from existing TC installation and updates are detected (for some of the plugins) but when I opt for update of checked items, download fails. Looks like timeout.
So, I guess the proxy env. is an issue...
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
Tichij

Post by *Tichij »

2frenky

Try to manually edit the TotalUpdater.ini

[Configuration]
ProxyEnabled=False
ProxyAddress=
ProxyPort=80
#49857 Personal licence