Background copying / queue / virtual file system

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

alexjak

Background copying / queue / virtual file system

Post by *alexjak »

Hi all,

Is it possible to implement background copying? Copying of several files in parallel? Queue (Copy/F2 in desktop version)? Virtual file system where I could gather links to files from various places and then copy them all at once?

At the moment TC is pretty much locked when copying is in progress. This becomes quite frustrating when copying big files (video clips, etc...) over LAN. Copying over LAN is slow, it takes me more than half an hour to copy 400MB video clip on my SGS2. I could leave copying overnight, but this is not an option either if files I want to copy are in different folders. I can select multiple files in one folder only...

Can anything be done about the above?

Kind regards,

Alex
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC can copy one file in the background when you switch to some other app. Unfortunately file handling is generally slow on Android with the weak processors, so mutiple file operations in parallel are not a good idea. But you can at least switch to some other app and do other things until the operation is done.

You can use the search function to find multiple video files, but then all will be copied to the same directory.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mcc

Re: Background copying / queue / virtual file system

Post by *mcc »

Thank you very much for TC on Android - definitly a "must" to work with network copys on android

I would also like to see a copy queue on android - not meaning to copy more than one file at the same time but being able to add to this queue on total commander while the one file being copied in background. If you need multiple large files from different locations in your network it is a pain to wait for one file to finish until you can start the next transfer. Without being an expert on this I wager it should be possible to add up copy tasks to be started one the active one is finished?

Or perhaps its already possible and I havent found how to...