can't copy with Lan

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sphere314

can't copy with Lan

Post by *sphere314 »

I have tried to copy some file from the root directory of my Android device to my PC (connected with the Lan plugin) and I have found that there was a serious problem in that operation.

Actually I just wanted to make a backup of my efs folder of my Galaxy Note 10.1 (rooted).

I used TC's copy command.
Upon checking the copied files in my PC I saw that TC had just copied the folder "efs" but nothing that was inside it.

To make my backup I had to copy the efs folder first to my ExtSdCard and then from the ExtSdCard to my PC (this worked).

The most serious thing is that TC didn't give me any warning message about its inability to perform the copy command.

I had no problem in copying the efs folder (with its content) to my PC, through LAN, with another file manager, so the problem must be with TC in my device, especially when accessing the Android's root directory and the Lan shares at the same time.

I've also tried enabling the option "Root functions everywhere" in TC but with no avail. Maybe there's some other setting that I should change?

Specs:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - GT-N8000 (rooted) - JB 4.1.2
PC: Windows 7
TC: version 2.01 - LAN Plugin v.2.01
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, this isn't possible - the plugins like the LAN plugin do not have root access. But you can copy the files to the SD-Card and from there to the LAN.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sphere314

Post by *sphere314 »

Thanks

In that case I'd suggest it as a requested feature for the further development as other file manager can do that (without having to make a passage to the SD-Card). Probably that would require to integrate the functionality of the LAN plugin into the TC app itself (that can gain SU permissions). Anyway I think it would be a very useful feature to have in choosing to make TC the main file manager of one's Android device.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, this would mean to copy the (quite complex) root functions to all the plugins too. Currently this isn't planned.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sphere314

Post by *sphere314 »

Ok. I can understand that.
Thanks anyway.