Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Zenman

External SD card

Post by *Zenman »

I have an external SD card installed. Therefore my file system looks like this:
storage/sdcard0
storage/sdcard1

Under storage/sdcard0, if I press ".."(parent dir), TC just returns to home screen! (not the real parent directory) :shock:
while under storage/sdcard1, if I press "..", TC returns to /storage. (seems normal ) :D

Is this by design?

thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, this is by design when NOT using "root functions everywhere". I have considered to add the same behaviour also for additional SD-Cards, but the problem is that the mount location varies a lot from device to device. Some devices mount in somewhere und /sdcard, e.g. /sdcard/external or so. In such a case, it would be better to go up to /sdcard instead of returning to the mome screen.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Zenman

Post by *Zenman »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Yes, this is by design when NOT using "root functions everywhere". I have considered to add the same behaviour also for additional SD-Cards, but the problem is that the mount location varies a lot from device to device. Some devices mount in somewhere und /sdcard, e.g. /sdcard/external or so. In such a case, it would be better to go up to /sdcard instead of returning to the mome screen.
Thanks! Christian,
Following this, just another question: when I set RW permission to a folder (e.g., /system), is the RW status persistent until rebooting? (if I don't set back to Read only)? :?:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes it is!

Alternative: Just copy some files to /system. Total Commander will then ask whether it may change the permission to RW. If you agree, it sets it to RW temporarily, copies the file, and then returns it to R.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com