[Refinement] FTP transfers - Preserve File Dates

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Innuendo

[Refinement] FTP transfers - Preserve File Dates

Post by *Innuendo »

An option to preserve file dates on uploads and downloads would be a nice thing to offer.

It's one of the few niggles that keeps pushing me to use a different program for FTP file operations.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dates on uploads cannot be preserved because most of the FTP servers don't have such a function.

Dates on downloads are kept, you just have to check "Preserve file dates" in the dialog you get after pressing F5.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Innuendo

I respectfully disagree...

Post by *Innuendo »

Preserving dates can be preserved on uploads as I do it all the time using AceFTP, LeapFTP & FileZilla transferring files from work to my home FTP server....which has been numerous different FTP server programs over the years, but they can all preserve file dates and times on uploads...provided the FTP program supports it.

The above programs do. TotalCommander, dang it all, does not. TotalCommander only has one strong weakness and that's its FTP capabilities.