TC background graphics

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

William Farris

TC background graphics

Post by *William Farris »

Norton Commander, then Windows Commander, then Tctal Commander have been very good to me.

I recently installed a demo version of Frigate and I almost switched from TC because Frigate not only had much of the functionality of TC, it also had selectible background graphics.

Imagine not being able to change your Windows Desktop graphic. How boring, mundane, and uninteresting would Windows be? I spend so much time with TC on my screen, but the interface is visually boring. There is a limited amount of personalization available. Co-workers find TC very helpful, but don't like the appearance. If Frigate did not turn out to be so buggy, it would have taken TC's place on my machine. I will be checking Frigate out from time to time to see how the upgrades & bug fixes improve the program.

Please bring the GUI into the 21st century.
Norton Commander user in the 80's.
Windows Commander user in the 90's.
Total Commander user in the 00's.
ThurahT

Post by *ThurahT »

Hm... Black is black..

And besides..

That frigate looks like a poor made copy of totalcmdr....

From the hoempage...
08.12.2003 Version 3.21 has been released!

* [+] Total Commander plugins now work correctly
Pretty dull... : )

I dont figure how that tab system would work either.. since the tabs doesnt seem to belong to any panel...?

Anyhow... Backgrounds? Sure.. I want a 1600 sized pic with 72 DPI on my totalcmdr.. hm.. what the heck.. things go slow these days.. Things were better with totalcmdr 6.02.. worked much faster.. hm...
Aezay

Post by *Aezay »

Support for background images wouldn't have my vote, there's no need for that in a file manager.

I for instance took foobar2000 as a blessing, finally a media player that doesn't bloat the entire UI with a stupid useless skin. The only problem now is that I have to convert my Caption Draw Winamp plugin to foobar2k.
Of all the planets I've been to, this one is my favorite.
RazerBack

Post by *RazerBack »

It would be nice, but it isn't a necessity.

I've used mIRC with just text. Then one day they added the option for putting a background. Tried it, had to find a background that didn't interfere with my text colours, switching channel windows slowed abit. In the end I turned it off.

If TC does get that option. I will turn it on as long as it doesn't cause poor performance.